sharetrader
Page 338 of 1942 FirstFirst ... 2382883283343353363373383393403413423483884388381338 ... LastLast
Results 3,371 to 3,380 of 19415

Quote Originally Posted by King1212 View Post
    I said before on SML.... people lose money just because people were ramping it down...at stage..it went down $9.30 ish before it bounced back just because a lot of people reading the negative comments!!!
    I think you are mixing up correlation and causation. Anway, just my 2 cents ...
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    Would they possibly also be the ones who naively bought into your sustained ramp? Man, you were so all over this OCA, pumping it to the moon in spite of SUM. Now look at you, looking for reasons why SUM is a better choice, trolling the OCA thread vindicating your exit. Think about it. Your cross-promotion posts wouldn't be allowed on the despicable Hotcrapper website, I'm not sure why you get away with it here.
    Not sure what got into you last night but F.Y.I. I still have a substantial shareholding in OCA. WOW - Talk about getting the wrong end of the stick ! Take a chill pill mate.
    I think its fair to a LOT of people on here (myself included) had very high hopes that OCA would be well north of where it is today and were very enthusiastic about its prospects.
    I would have thought you'd be out anyway seeing as the weak TA.
    Got anything else you want to get off your chest to me ?, please take it to PM.
    Last edited by Beagle; 04-04-2019 at 08:47 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Would they possibly also be the ones who naively bought into your sustained ramp?
    Got to laugh. A poster on a wee internet forum accused of ramping. It ought to go without saying any visitor here ought to be bright enough to do their own research which may, or may not include the views / analysis of one or many contributors. We are each individually responsible for our own investment outcomes.

What does get my goat is investors making decisions on company information where that information is neither timely or fulsome. What we can say of OCA is that their accounts aren't the simplest to comprehend an dthat in itself may lead to poorly timed investment decisions. Or it may just be a fickle market doing what fickel markets do. You cant lay that on one individual poster

Gotta admit Beagle gnaws on a few bones (doesnt actually mean anything just saying it for fun Hi W69!)and that he sure aint afraid to promote his interests and current beliefs but yeh we all accept its an existential world and we all walk our own path by putting our feet in front of one another and we all choose where to put that foot, unless maybe you've granted a Power of Attorney.

Also gotta admit he picks a few turning points and so is worth a listen huh - especially for traders!

Still holding a slightly underweight portion of OCA, based on good sector, good directors, clearly articulated strategy (just like Beagle), not a bad yield considering growth potential. But not absolutely proven as yet so not something to throw the farm at imho, just part of a promising portfolio.
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Perhaps worth mentioning that this is a fairly young company in terms of its time listed on the market and I am sure I am not the only one improving my understanding of the company as we go. Financial statements are also one of the most difficult to understand of any I have ever tried to wrap my head around.
    Also worth mentioning that the interim result was at the bottom end of my expectations and obviously quite a few others, hence the more muted tone on here since that announcement in January. I think there's a lot of people on here who are underwater on this one, even those who thought they were getting a bargain from Macquarie in their sell-down last September at $1.10.

Human nature, (which is perfectly understandable and rational) is to talk positively about one's own companies. Unfortunately human nature can also be very ugly especially so when those riding high horses like to blame someone else when they suffer losses. Wonder if they have ever heard of DYOR ? If those people want a professional opinion I would suggest they go and consult their broker, just don't expect that to be independent, it will depend upon what the house view and house investment position is.
    Last edited by Beagle; 04-04-2019 at 10:48 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Perhaps worth mentioning that this is a fairly young company in terms of its time listed on the market and I am sure I am not the only one improving my understanding of the company as we go. Financial statements are also one of the most difficult to understand of any I have ever tried to wrap my head around.
    Also worth mentioning that the interim result was at the bottom end of my expectations and obviously quite a few others, hence the more muted tone on here since that announcement in January. I think there's a lot of people on here who are underwater on this one, even those who thought they were getting a bargain from Macquarie in their sell-down last September at $1.10.

Human nature, (which is perfectly understandable and rational) is to talk positively about one's own companies. Unfortunately human nature can also be very ugly especially so when those riding high horses like to blame someone else when they suffer losses. Wonder if they have ever heard of DYOR ? If those people want a professional opinion I would suggest they go and consult their broker, just don't expect that to be independent, it will depend upon what the house view and house investment position is.
    Jeez, I thought you were talking about Metro Glass for a moment.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    I think there's a lot of people on here who are underwater on this one, even those who thought they were getting a bargain from Macquarie in their sell-down last September at $1.10.

I am one of those. But if I add the divi then I am at about break even.

The advantage of these going into my retirement plan is I see them as a long term play. So the short term fluctuations dont get to me too much provided SP doesnt fall to low. (I reserve the right to bleat whenever there is a fall)

Bit of self interest in OCA as well. Reckon there will come a time I'l be in need of their offerings! May as well get to know their business before then.

IMO

Quote Originally Posted by LAC View Post
    I like all views, some a little harsh than others but I actually value all posts and gets me researching in other directions which I otherwise would have missed.
    ONE THING FOR SURE THOUGH: there are rampers on this forum, make no doubt about that. Picking numbers from the clouds and forecasting that does happen on ST. I am not saying on OCA in particular, but in ST in general. Just DYOR and accept all posts regardless but dont make decisions on them.

Yes and a good reminder to newbies and naive folks ,there are investors on here and there are traders on here, dont get sucked in.

IMO

Would they possibly also be the ones who naively bought into your sustained ramp? Man, you were so all over this OCA, pumping it to the moon in spite of SUM. Now look at you, looking for reasons why SUM is a better choice, trolling the OCA thread vindicating your exit. Think about it. Your cross-promotion posts wouldn't be allowed on the despicable Hotcrapper website, I'm not sure why you get away with it here.
    Yep ive seen it and posted about it for years. Traders and Investors think differently. Traders want you to buy when they are selling and vice versa. So beware any pumping and down ramping, make an informed choice for yourself.

bounce not lasted long , getting hammered again probably because of sum results
    one step ahead of the herd