sharetrader
Page 345 of 1964 FirstFirst ... 2452953353413423433443453463473483493553954458451345 ... LastLast
Results 3,441 to 3,450 of 19631

Quote Originally Posted by warren View Post
    Well with my family we had a very infirm elderly loved one in need of hospital care BUT had full intellect and a loving family and was not short of a bob so the Privately owned care suite offered us a miracle --hospital care with privacy and ownership. We couldn't "buy" the care suit quickly enough and what a fabulous thing it was --but like a house at Mill-brook it will cost but a fraction of the house our loved one owned . It led to a significance investment in OCA. So we couldn't have cared less if the house was down to half its value, it still covered the desperately needed care suite.
    Thanks for sharing Warren.

Banned

That is right...do u want the money or the service? Have anyone of u look after the sick oldies? Most of their kids do not want to look after them..therefore they all go to full care retirement village..

I think the development report is very impressive, given the climate in which construction is being knocked back and not completed on time. It really shows the core competencies of OCA, obviously the other one is carrying out such a high standard of care.

Front footing the consenting now is going to pay dividends further down the line, I'm sure behind the scenes they have extensive 5 year plans on what will happen. Also like the pragmatic approach to converting current forms of care into care suites which are the higher earners and probably easier to fill as time goes on.

I had the option to double down on SUM, especially on how overcooked this recent downturn is. I'd say currently based on PE both stocks are valued at around the same relative to their price. However, OCA has imo more upside at this point, which will likely not show for years from now. The relative exposure to property prices on the whole is also lesser on OCA than SUM and that is why I added more OCA and will happily hold on my SUM investment.

Good post value investor. My sense is I agree they are indeed on a very similar PE. SUM has a stellar and well proven 7 year+ track record of exceptionally strong growth, stronger on an average basis than RYM ever achieved. They have the runs on the board !!
    OCA are about to complete their second year and its anyone's guess what the underlying profit will be. I like their business model and their prospects but with Macquarie having a 42% stake and the clear overhang this is enough of a factor of itself to favor SUM but when one looks at SUM's stellar track record of growth and long proven business model this looks like comparing a proven thoroughbred stayer with a young filly both competing at the Grand National Steeplechase event. I like proven stayers but this filly definitely has future promise.

For the sake of complete clarity I still hold a good sized and meaningful stake in OCA.
    Last edited by Beagle; 12-04-2019 at 11:12 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

I see Generate is as impressed as I am with the performance of OCA
    Oceania healthcare has the dubious honour of being the weakest performing P&I holding in March

…just try’n to manage expectations… Maverick's Avatar

Great post Value, fully agree with all of your points. I am very impressed with OCAs latest investor update. I feel well informed and even proud to see what "we" are part of. They are seriously impressive projects.(although a little ugly from the air , but hey , it's what they look like from the road and inside that matters).

It does cause me to wonder "why" they did it. It can surely only be motivated by our Aussy friends trying to lift interest in the company and SP???

The company do seem to have an excellent handle on investor realations and presentations.
    While I have to agree with Beagles analogy of OCA being a young filly , it seems to be managed by a very competent and experienced syndicate.
    Last edited by Maverick; 13-04-2019 at 09:01 AM.

percy

OCA may not have been listed very long,but some very experienced people on board,The Chair,director shareholder Gregg Tomlinson,CEO, and their highly regarded property manager.

So it is no surprise to me that they do what they say they will do.

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick View Post
    ...It does cause me to wonder "why" they did it. It can surely only be motivated by our Aussy friends trying to lift interest in the company and SP???

The company do seem to have an excellent handle on investor realations and presentations.
    Good proactive presentation to keep the market fully informed and I agree that there is the distinct prospect this was at the behest of Macquarie but I wouldn't rule out the prospect of senior management reading this thread and some people on here were recently wondering how the developments were progressing, so that question has been answered in a very complete way.
    Possibly Macquarie really want to sell down this year but I think the market needs to see some more numbers first.
    Last edited by Beagle; 13-04-2019 at 11:10 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Good proactive presentation to keep the market fully informed and I agree that there is the distinct prospect this was at the behest of Macquarie but I wouldn't rule out the prospect of senior management reading this thread and some people on here were recently wondering how the developments were progressing, so that question has been answered in a very complete way.
    Possibly Macquarie really want to sell down this year but I think the market needs to see some more numbers first.
    Was there actually any new stuff in that fantastic and proactive presentation?

Seems a regular thing they do but it was nice they arranged for a couple of site visits for the fundies ...might get one or two interested.
    Last edited by winner69; 13-04-2019 at 11:31 AM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Is that one of those head and shoulders pattern forming on the chart .....hope not but share price could go back to 79 cents

Nobody though HGH would fall back to 131 when some saw a H&S pattern ....you never know we could possibly see another bargain of the century buying OCA at 80 cents (30% off its highs)
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”