sharetrader
Page 353 of 1963 FirstFirst ... 2533033433493503513523533543553563573634034538531353 ... LastLast
Results 3,521 to 3,530 of 19621
    percy

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    I've been in that position. Unit sold before deceased in the ground full cash settlement within 4 weeks of funeral. These places dont like empty units. They are about the living. and neigbours dont want a vacant place reminding them of the dead and their near future. Also miss out on full monthly fees.

These villages already have tradesmen on tap -, constant turn of units = constant work.

Chalk and cheese with time shares.

Seasons dont matter to the infirm, or those ready to move
    In that case they should have no issues including the 6 month buy back clause.
    No clause,no Percy.Simple as that.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    Anecdote is a dangerous thing when it is transposed from ones own experience with an unrelated entity to ones no experience with another entity. Give OCA a chance to work the policy, it seems prudent in the current market climate, if they can't sell properties within the 6 months, then they have a prudent risk sharing policy.

Think like the investor that you are, not like your loved ones' estate is exposed to some conspiracy to not sell their property when there is no evidence that that is the case.

jmho,
    BAA
    I only invest using my own experiences.
    It really works.

Advanced Member

We
    Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post

Think like the investor that you are, not like your loved ones' estate is exposed to some conspiracy to not sell their property when there is no evidence that that is the case.

jmho,
    BAA
    I think that’s exactly what Percy is doing. Putting himself in the position of one of Oceania’s customers and wondering if they would buy with that change. If lots of customers think like that......

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    These are non interest bearing liabilities, (with one caveat) and you are quite right that they do not have to be paid until the unit is resold to a new incoming resident.
    In addition, the Retirement Villages Code of Practice 2008 requires such liabilities to be repaid to a resident if their unit cannot be lived in due to damage to the unit, such as following an earthquake or fire, where the unit is not repaired / rebuilt and a resident's Occupational Right Agreement is terminated. This includes any of the up to 30% (typically) that might have accrued to the retirement village operator. However both parts, the original capital sum paid by the resident and the fixed charge that accrues to the village owner, are insurable.

Clearly this should not be an issue if the damage is minor but could be if the event of major damage and if the liabilities have not been insured. The same would apply to SUM others.

Banned

So OCA to join the NZX50 in may by the looks, good news.

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Good

Needs all the help it can get eh .....like even you, JT and Liz buying heaps hasn’t really helped (except arresting the slide)
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Is that official mate ?
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Is that official mate ?
    According to Business desk so I guess they didn't pluck the info out of thin air.

I wont hold my breath as when ATM was added to indexes absolutely nothing happened haha. So there is enough free float to join the index?