sharetrader
Page 52 of 1964 FirstFirst ... 242484950515253545556621021525521052 ... LastLast
    Missed by that much

I would have thought that aged care is one area that should do well under a labour government.

Guru

Just some retail (minor) panic... likely related to Labour's supposed crack down on immigration (and I believe some of these care workers come via immigration), also what Labour could do to house prices... at the end of the day Labour are extremely unpredictable (in its current form) this is the main 'problem'.

All I see is OCA becoming more and more of a bargain.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Jantar View Post
    I would have thought that aged care is one area that should do well under a labour government.
    The sector's tax position.
    Last edited by percy; 08-09-2017 at 02:48 PM.

Yes, just got some more, any buying under $1 is great.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    The sector's tax position.
    Capital Gains Tax could be good for the sector, if they already pay income tax on gains as traders. In the event they ever sell up, if it is set at the 15% previously mooted by Labour, they will be laughing. Land tax a bit different but will just be passed on in the sale price. But really, who knows what will happen ....

In any case, a comprehensive review by experts will not happen overnight. Then there is the legislative process and IRD systems to set up. I'm picking 2 years minimum, probably longer. Just in time for a fully formed policy into the 2020 election.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by artemis View Post
    Capital Gains Tax could be good for the sector, if they already pay income tax on gains as traders. In the event they ever sell up, if it is set at the 15% previously mooted by Labour, they will be laughing. Land tax a bit different but will just be passed on in the sale price. But really, who knows what will happen ....

In any case, a comprehensive review by experts will not happen overnight. Then there is the legislative process and IRD systems to set up. I'm picking 2 years minimum, probably longer. Just in time for a fully formed policy into the 2020 election.
    I hope you are being completely clear and transparent !

percy

From Craig's research this morning headed ...Election getten' real.
    "The retirement sector could face some uncertainty.
    They are leveraged to further gains in house prices,while their own non-taxpaying status could raise some eyebrows under a new government with a greater focus on tax fairness."

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    From Craig's research this morning headed ...Election getten' real.
    "The retirement sector could face some uncertainty.
    They are leveraged to further gains in house prices,while their own non-taxpaying status could raise some eyebrows under a new government with a greater focus on tax fairness."
    This is a concern, however it's all really speculation regarding a labour govt causing a decline in house prices, if this turns out to be unfounded, shares in this sector could be a good buy as the market potentially discounts the SP ...in the short term...

Dis hold, no plans to sell

Quote Originally Posted by huxley View Post
    This is a concern, however it's all really speculation regarding a labour govt causing a decline in house prices, if this turns out to be unfounded, shares in this sector could be a good buy as the market potentially discounts the SP ...in the short term...

Dis hold, no plans to sell
    *** oh, and of course, should it be a very close election and the Nats get in, then expecting a strong recovery to any decline before the 22nd

Guru

Man under the dollar mark... I was sure we would never see such a bargain again...
    Trading at 11 PE right now, the next cheapest (eg SUM and MET) are trading at PE's over a third higher, and we won't bother comparing it to RYM, they are (nearly) worlds apart.

What is clear is this year is a big one for OCA, what is less clear is when the market is going to start realizing this (again).