sharetrader
Page 62 of 1976 FirstFirst ... 1252585960616263646566721121625621062 ... LastLast

Nice action on OCA in the last hour. Should go over $1.00 next week with a bit of luck.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by thestg View Post
    Nice action on OCA in the last hour. Should go over $1.00 next week with a bit of luck.
    Should never have gone below $1 - Aside from ARV briefly, I can't believe OCA was so hard hit (given it was already the cheapest on a price to book ratio - and apparently it is all about the re-sale values and how these must be hit hard by decreasing profit prices[??])

Quote Originally Posted by thestg View Post
    Luck and hope not a good strategy

What’s your pick for the Melbourne Cup on Tuesday?
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post

Hey winner, do you get the feeling we're close to full cycle when lots of company's are hyper priced, future prosperity is baked in, and the punters reckon a good profitable growing business should always be rewarded with rising market valuations? They can't fathom why a 'market' would sell their stock at all, let alone at something below their perceived valuation. The stock market as many 'older' (more experienced?) folk know, doesn't give a monkeys about valuations, FA, TA or any bloody thing when the plug is pulled, or even when some sector nervousness creeps in. That's why it's helpful to be an active investor imo, realtime awareness, run with the upside, cut the losses and cull the noise.

I think I'll skip my Melbourne Cup investments this year & put the lot on OCA while it is still under $1.00

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    Hey winner, do you get the feeling we're close to full cycle when lots of company's are hyper priced, future prosperity is baked in, and the punters reckon a good profitable growing business should always be rewarded with rising market valuations? They can't fathom why a 'market' would sell their stock at all, let alone at something below their perceived valuation. The stock market as many 'older' (more experienced?) folk know, doesn't give a monkeys about valuations, FA, TA or any bloody thing when the plug is pulled, or even when some sector nervousness creeps in. That's why it's helpful to be an active investor imo, realtime awareness, run with the upside, cut the losses and cull the noise.
    Hey baa_baa, agree with your comments.

I think there are many on here who have only experienced a ‘half cycle’ and that being the better half with rising prices and valuation prices. Where we are now is what you outline.

Appreciation of a full cycle is a valuable tool. And many stocks on the NZX are showing similar behaviour as they did in 2007/2008 with weakening prices and multiples ..and this was happening then before the gfc triggered collapse (forward looking eh)

These current “stupid” “crazy” priced stocks I reckon will remain so for a while ...might even get “cheaper” and some would say that’s nonsense.

Sentiment is the key driver of share prices and that is measured by things like PE multiples. Even PE multiples move in cycles. The study of secular bull and bear markets is fascinating and well worth understanding properly.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Banned

Hey baa_baa, agree with your comments.

I think there are many on here who have only experienced a ‘half cycle’ and that being the better half with rising prices and valuation prices. Where we are now is what you outline.

Appreciation of a full cycle is a valuable tool. And many stocks on the NZX are showing similar behaviour as they did in 2007/2008 with weakening prices and multiples ..and this was happening then before the gfc triggered collapse (forward looking eh)

These current “stupid” “crazy” priced stocks I reckon will remain so for a while ...might even get “cheaper” and some would say that’s nonsense.

Sentiment is the key driver of share prices and that is measured by things like PE multiples. Even PE multiples move in cycles. The study of secular bull and bear markets is fascinating and well worth understanding properly.

I reconk once the red government in n stable..the price will go down slowly....so counting 100days.....

Quote Originally Posted by King1212 View Post
    I reconk once the red government in n stable..the price will go down slowly....so counting 100days.....
    One way of solving the "housing Crisis" is to get the Baby Boomers out of their 3 - 4 bedroom homes near schools and other infrastructure and get them into Retirement Villages

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    One way of solving the "housing Crisis" is to get the Baby Boomers out of their 3 - 4 bedroom homes near schools and other infrastructure and get them into Retirement Villages
    Why should they, this one and the previous generation are the selfish generation !!
    Last edited by whatsup; 04-11-2017 at 01:57 PM. Reason: spelling

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by whatsup View Post
    Why should them, this one and the previous generation are the selfish generation !!

Right! Why should them. The baby boomers worked hard..now young generations have no work ethic...complaint n complaint then blame it to the Asians....bloodily meme generations...