sharetrader
Page 77 of 1972 FirstFirst ... 2767737475767778798081871271775771077 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    I am "well positioned."
    I hope the confident views pan out -- I doubled my OCA "position" today.

Banned

Oceania has a pipeline of 1,708 units and care suites of which 63 percent or 1,072 are currently consented, he said. It has a portfolio of 50 sites and while Gasparich said that it had sufficient land for the next seven years of development in New Zealand "Australia would certainly be on our horizon in the longer term."

from thier last announcement..

Managed to hoover up some more at $1.02 today, happy with that.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Looking forward to the result, expecting good things, I now rate OCA as having the most potential in the sector for SP appreciation over the next few years.
    Hey mate, after reading through this thread I noticed that around the period when OCA listed you were reasonably critical of Oceania's management saying that they needed to cut back on how much money was being spent at the top end on the bigwigs' salaries etc. I also noticed that you seemed to think that it would be difficult for OCA to perform as well as some of the other retirement village operators due to their care focused model. You said it would be difficult for them to get their wages to revenue ratio in order because of this model and that achieving 40% growth in FY18 was unlikely to happen because of this.

I see you are now invested and expecting OCA to do well, so I'm just trying to get some insight into the changes that may have occurred within the company for you to change your view. I realise you have industry knowledge so any info you could share could be pretty helpful

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by BobbyMorocco View Post
    Hey mate, after reading through this thread I noticed that around the period when OCA listed you were reasonably critical of Oceania's management saying that they needed to cut back on how much money was being spent at the top end on the bigwigs' salaries etc. I also noticed that you seemed to think that it would be difficult for OCA to perform as well as some of the other retirement village operators due to their care focused model. You said it would be difficult for them to get their wages to revenue ratio in order because of this model and that achieving 40% growth in FY18 was unlikely to happen because of this.

I see you are now invested and expecting OCA to do well, so I'm just trying to get some insight into the changes that may have occurred within the company for you to change your view. I realise you have industry knowledge so any info you could share could be pretty helpful
    Maybe there was a magnificent turn around in OCA in the past year and a half?!?! Lol
    He was far from the only one on here 'against' OCA who have subsequently (and ironically) became shareholders.
    Funny how things change

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    I'd prefer to see the full financials before commenting in detail mate but those sort of numbers don't normally go together unless the company has been trading at massive losses over many years. Those debt level's appear to be an extremely serious concern. If a company has net liabilities of $132.9m how are they still a going concern ? How debt and shareholders advances could have ever got that high is what I'm especially interested in and most especially what this says about managements ability.
    I'd speculate a recapitalisation is desperately needed and Macquarie's could be in for quite a haircut on their shareholders advances.
    Caveat Emptor on this one, definitely one to watch for some creative revaluation of assets.
    Hey Beagle, as I was going back through this thread I read many comments from you stating that you were not interested in investing in OCA until management had proven themselves. Obviously you were concerned because at some point OCA got themselves into a large amount of debt. A lot of this debt has since been wiped off the table but I'm aware that the current CFO has been in that role since 2009, therefore I'm wondering if the risk of OCA getting a large amount of debt is still there. Over the past few months you've purchased OCA a number of times, so you obviously feel the potential rewards outweigh the risks. I'm interested know how you feel management has proven themselves since listing and what has been done to minimise the risk of them getting into financial trouble again?

Quote Originally Posted by trader_jackson View Post
    Maybe there was a magnificent turn around in OCA in the past year and a half?!?! Lol
    He was far from the only one on here 'against' OCA who have subsequently (and ironically) became shareholders.
    Funny how things change
    Yeah mate, perhaps OCA has turned it around. As you can see above I've also posted a question for Beagle, as he has also changed his view over the past few months. He's completely entitled to do so, but I'm wondering if he or Couta can share what has caused them to change their views. This info could possibly be valuable to holders or potential holders.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by BobbyMorocco View Post
    Yeah mate, perhaps OCA has turned it around. As you can see above I've also posted a question for Beagle, as he has also changed his view over the past few months. He's completely entitled to do so, but I'm wondering if he or Couta can share what has caused them to change their views. This info could possibly be valuable to holders or potential holders.
    Google; "Stock market profits with moon phases.".......................................... ..............................
    AIR,HBL,OCA,PGW,PPH,RBD,SUM,TRA.?
    lol.
    Last edited by percy; 20-01-2018 at 04:44 PM.

Too many Super Moons of late and even a Blue Moon coming up
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Give the likes of Beagle and others it was them who decided OCA wasn’t a dog after all and drove the price up from the 85 cents it was languishing at to about $1.10 odd.

Without them changing their minds the share price might still be about 90 cents

But due credit to the early adopters / foundation shareholders who reckoned this was the goods at the IPO. They saw through the glossy magazines and nice words.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”