sharetrader
Page 80 of 1942 FirstFirst ... 3070767778798081828384901301805801080 ... LastLast
    Banned

2 days trading till the result. Wonder what the sp would be this wed?....anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    are you kidding me !?? lol
    Attachment 9429
    Yep that’s how it works. Many who should know better let their guard down in such places and talk too loudly

Read what the CEO said about embedded value at the AGM ....those words were uttered a few times

Watch this space
    Last edited by winner69; 22-01-2018 at 07:54 AM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Now that’s some proper ramping

Quote Originally Posted by King1212 View Post
    2 days trading till the result. Wonder what the sp would be this wed?....anyone?
    Full year guidance is the thing to look out for.

If they just reconfirm the $52.4m underlying profit the share price might tank

But they won’t be doing that will they?

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Oceania F18 guidance is Underlying EBITDA of $62.2m (confirmed at ASM) and Underlying NPAT of $51.4m

Talk on the street (loud Koru Lounge conversation actually) is that come the half year announcement (if not before) they will raise the Underlying NPAT guidance to just under $60m, but fully expecting it be more by year end.

If you can’t buy shares in Rocket Lab then OCA is the next best thing
    You're like the salt of this forum, it wouldn't be nearly as tasty without you mate
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Oceania F18 guidance is Underlying EBITDA of $62.2m (confirmed at ASM) and Underlying NPAT of $51.4m

Talk on the street (loud Koru Lounge conversation actually) is that come the half year announcement (if not before) they will raise the Underlying NPAT guidance to just under $60m, but fully expecting it be more by year end.

If you can’t buy shares in Rocket Lab then OCA is the next best thing
    Have been saying for a while now these times (aka prior to interim results announcement) could be the last times we see under $1.10

Quote Originally Posted by huxley View Post
    Now that’s some proper ramping
    w69 is better than that.
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Sorry for not responding earlier, I'm currently working 70 hours a week but thank you to Beagle and Couta for your responses outlining why you've had a change of heart over the past six months or so.

I agree that the market is pretty stretched so finding value is not exactly easy, although OCA might be one that has some upside if they meet or exceed their goals. Without years behind them of doing what they see they will do, it's always going to be a bit of a punt. Time will tell but so far they give the impression that they're on target. I feel that there's still some uncertainty about whether OCA can deliver and the market has priced it at a PE much lower than its peers because it hasn't earned the trust the likes of Ryman obviously has with its lofty PE. Also Macquarie still owns the majority and they've got the green light to selldown after the full year results come out in July. I'm not sure but perhaps this has capped the share price a bit as well. Not to mention the general uncertainty in the retirement sector with the change of government and the news of slowing house prices.

Anyway the picture will get a bit clearer on Thursday. Good luck to those that hold. I think you'll probably do quite well, certainly if the directors buying all the way up to 98 cents is anything to go by

Over $1.10 today in the rush to get in before the exciting news tomorrow

Better top upbig time tj ...never be this cheap again

Quote Originally Posted by BobbyMorocco View Post
    Sorry for not responding earlier, I'm currently working 70 hours a week but thank you to Beagle and Couta for your responses outlining why you've had a change of heart over the past six months or so.

I agree that the market is pretty stretched so finding value is not exactly easy, although OCA might be one that has some upside if they meet or exceed their goals. Without years behind them of doing what they see they will do, it's always going to be a bit of a punt. Time will tell but so far they give the impression that they're on target. I feel that there's still some uncertainty about whether OCA can deliver and the market has priced it at a PE much lower than its peers because it hasn't earned the trust the likes of Ryman obviously has with its lofty PE. Also Macquarie still owns the majority and they've got the green light to selldown after the full year results come out in July. I'm not sure but perhaps this has capped the share price a bit as well. Not to mention the general uncertainty in the retirement sector with the change of government and the news of slowing house prices.

Anyway the picture will get a bit clearer on Thursday. Good luck to those that hold. I think you'll probably do quite well, certainly if the directors buying all the way up to 98 cents is anything to go by
    Good post. Probably worth noting that the NZX50 is up 8% since directors were buying hundreds of thousands back in August 2017 at 98 cents so on a market adjusted basis several directors were buying in significant volume at what's amounts to effectively about the current level. They would of course be unable to buy at present due to restricted persons trading policy immediately before an announcement.
    Last edited by Beagle; 24-01-2018 at 09:59 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine