sharetrader
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Quote Originally Posted by Jenny Ruth View Post
    Hi all. The latest column published on my Substack, Just the Business, this morning looks at the proposal to internalise Goodman Property Trust's management contract. The headline is: Goodman proposal is a $500m “vote of confidence in NZ”
    And you can find it here:
    https://justthebusinessjennyruth.sub...a-500m-vote-of
    I commented when the deal was announced ‘ Always suspicious of Internalisation Management proposals’

Suppose the headline on your article says I shouldn’t be.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Hi winner69. Your suspicions will always serve you well. You can see the Forsyth Barr analyst thinks unitholders will be paying a very high price. However, the GMT business is high quality and well-managed. When PFI internalised, I thought the price was high, but PFI is similarly high quality and well-managed. The big difference is that PFI's management contract owners wanted to exit. Goodman is taking payment in new units, so no cash outlay for unitholders, and it has pledged to help seed the new fund with $200m. So effectively, Goodman is investing about another $500m. I thought that the group having to pay the trust management fees on the new fund was a nice touch, too.
    Given Goodman's track record, I'm inclined to think this is likely to work out well for unitholders.

Guru

Hi all. The latest column published on my Substack, Just the Business, this morning looks at the proposal to internalise Goodman Property Trust's management contract. The headline is: Goodman proposal is a $500m “vote of confidence in NZ”
    Do you pay Sharetrader an advertising fee for all these links to your paid subscriber only articles?

Legend

Please could you indicate on your posts 'subscriber only' - and stop wasting the majority of readers' time.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    Please could you indicate on your posts 'subscriber only' - and stop wasting the majority of readers' time.
    I seem to be able to remember that Jenny’s posts are subscriber only. Not that hard really.