sharetrader
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    Was I anti GMT a while back? Maybe. I don't remember, but obviously not too much cos I bought a few, but only 100,000 which is low in my collection of LPt shares. No doubt cos I saw them more as would be developers rather than investors. Still they haven't moved much in value, nor has dividend been anything spectacular. Is that going to turn round? I doubt it.
    That can be said for both Arg & Gmt, and some others. I be generalising of course.
    BB

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Boy View Post
    That can be said for both Arg & Gmt, and some others. I be generalising of course.
    BB
    Except I note my ARG shares have gained 29.2% against GMT at 12.7. That might be a little unfair as I'm not sure when I bought them. I'm happy that I bought substantially more ARG.

They've certainly been a better investment than Goodman, which have been a standout among LPTs - as useless.
    Long term they haven't been much good no point trying to debate that but buying at 96 early this year, collecting 4 divvy's and now $1.12 is a pretty good run for those that timed their entry well
    BB I agree with you regarding ARG, nowhere for the SP to go but track sideways. Purely a tax efficient yield play now with their PIE status. 6 / 110 = 5.45% net which for those on a 33% rate = 8.1% gross. Not spectacular but in an environment where most people are picking interest rates to stay lower for longer not too bad. You could invest in Russian bonds and give your portfolio a yield boost

2morrow the FED's will come out with their money policies,
    depending on what they do will have an impact on the derivative Markets
    This in turn could send the Share markets into a tail spin. The best place to
    be right now is in defensive stocks like LPT's.
    Lets wait and see ???
    BB
    ps I hope I'm Wrong......

Except I note my ARG shares have gained 29.2% against GMT at 12.7. That might be a little unfair as I'm not sure when I bought them. I'm happy that I bought substantially more ARG.
    I am talking about todays prices in conjunction with todays divvys.
    My other comments are in this context as well, and looking forward.
    BB

I am talking about todays prices in conjunction with todays divvys.
    My other comments are in this context as well, and looking forward.
    BB
    Yep, based on both ARG and GMT trading at $1.12 today the former is paying a gross yield of exactly 8% and the latter 8.6% with only GMT having significant potential to ramp up dividends in the near / medium term. (Assumes investors on 33% tax rate)
    With little prospect for capital gain from here for either of them its pretty clear to me which is the better medium term yield prospect.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Yep, based on both ARG and GMT trading at $1.12 today the former is paying a gross yield of exactly 8% and the latter 8.6% with only GMT having significant potential to ramp up dividends in the near / medium term. (Assumes investors on 33% tax rate)
    With little prospect for capital gain from here for either of them its pretty clear to me which is the better medium term yield prospect.
    And Gmt div is based on 80% earnings, They retaining 20%.
    Agr are paying 102% so they gotta rely on the bloody DRP.
    bb

And Gmt div is based on 80% earnings, They retaining 20%.
    Agr are paying 102% so they gotta rely on the bloody DRP.
    bb
    Yep. See post #23. I bleated like a lamb lost from its mother to John Dakin about the 80% pay-out ratio which they've had for years and is out of line with the rest of the LPT's.
    The main thrust of my argument was LPT's are being priced on yield and with all your asset sales fully funding new development there's no need for you to retain 20% of distributable earnings anymore.
    I went on to point out, (hammer the point home), that if they really felt they needed to retain some cash they could always reinstate the DRP in tandem with lifting the pay-out ratio.
    Not sure if he was really listening to be honest as at that time so many people were giving him flak over the Viaduct deal he was busy putting out fires.
    Be interesting to see what happens to the SP of GMT if they lift FY16 distribution guidance to 7.5 cps in due course. I haven't finished with Mr Dakin yet. I'll send him an e.mail in the new year reminding him of our conversation and reminding him that seeing as they have even more sales in the ledger since we last spoke there's no reason they can't lift their pay-out ratio. I like paddling my own canoe

Go for it Roger.
    Be we a little at odds... it's heathy
    I think to broaden the overall portfolio base, that way higher divvs
    and Shr-Prc will naturally follow.
    BB
    Paddle Paddle

What are people's thoughts on investing in GMT or other property stocks now? I currently have a split of about 60/40 in favour of cash and I'd like to move some more to shares but with the whole China uncertainty I think I'm at my limit there. GMT already constitutes about 25% of my share portfolio and I'm wondering whether I should top that up a bit, or maybe even another property stock like ARG.