sharetrader
Page 1 of 61 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: Martin Jetpack

Default Martin Jetpack

The maker of the Martin Jetpack is planning to list, most likely on the New Zealand and Australian stock exchanges.

A spokeswoman for the technology firm told the Herald the company was looking to raise $5 million in pre-IPO capital and a further $25 million through the listing.

Watched this progress from the beginning, but still think my investment in Snakk is safer!

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=11305899
    Last edited by ari; 08-08-2014 at 11:36 AM.

Don't quote me on this but I seem to remember them saying last year that the commercial product would run into the hundreds of thousands to purchase. I don't really see it catching on.

Guru

Anyone have de ja vu? They've been taking IPO each year since 2010!

http://www.sharetrader.co.nz/showthr...ghlight=Martin

Quote Originally Posted by moosie_900 View Post
    I see that Martin is aiming for $5M pre-IPO with an undisclosed amount for an IPO. Yearly losses running at $1.5M with over $20M already invested.

Great if you get inbetween these two periods for a quick trade!

I see that they're aiming for $75M in revenue within 3 years. At $200-250K per unit that's a mere 300-375 units per year. None are yet in production, nor even PRE-production! What ridiculous sales multiple should we ascribe to this one then? PEB scale of say 200? Maybe a little less like 100?

I agree with Morgan. Cook it a few more years and see if it bears any fruit before listing.
    I read in an older article yesterday that the retail price will be about 100k. I'll track down the article shortly.

They also seem to be focusing a lot of their effort on government contracts so one would assume that bulk discounts would be at play in their forecasts too.

http://www.ibtimes.com/personal-jetp...lights-1382931
    Last edited by Okebw; 10-08-2014 at 11:44 AM. Reason: link

Quote Originally Posted by moosie_900 View Post
    Ah so half price then! Jeez, it just gets better...

Thanks for the article okebw
    I wouldn't beat it with a barge pole.

She's shortbread.
    Truth is like poetry. And most people f*cking hate poetry.

Quote Originally Posted by Whipmoney View Post
    I wouldn't beat it with a barge pole.

She's shortbread.
    Agreed. I just can't see why they're focusing so much on emergency services. Except for search and rescue, which isn't really a common enough occurrence to warrant these, how else would they be useful? They can't possibly carry that much equipment and certainly not a struggling criminal or injured patient

They will make it one day (meaning providing a dividend to investors), perhaps, but IPOing now seems a little early.

ps what ever happened to my 1000 plus contribtuions???

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Okebw View Post
    Agreed. I just can't see why they're focusing so much on emergency services. Except for search and rescue, which isn't really a common enough occurrence to warrant these, how else would they be useful? They can't possibly carry that much equipment and certainly not a struggling criminal or injured patient
    I would prefer a helicopter rescue than get my arse burnt off on a jetpack. Mind you, nothing a bit of A2 could'nt fix.
    Last edited by see weed; 11-08-2014 at 07:42 AM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by see weed View Post
    I would prefer a helicopter rescue than get my arse burnt off on a jetpack. Mind you, nothing a bit of A2 could'nt fix.
    You do realize they aren't actually jetpacks (misleading advertising?). They are just two small helicopters inside housings.

They need to move fast as there is no reason larger quad copters wont be a competitor (I can already buy a small one for $100 at the local mall).