sharetrader
Page 18 of 61 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast

Thread: Martin Jetpack

Quote Originally Posted by ShawnG92 View Post
    Hi All,

Long time viewer short time poster. Have been watching the happenings with this baby since day 1.
    Invested in the stock myself but have recently lost confidence with their changing IPO dates.
    Called up their investment hotline yesterday and tried to ask for to withdraw. Used the advice provided here and the person I spoke to put in an "inquiry." Will be calling back later today to investigate further.

Quite furious at their lack of updates and information.
    Interesting notion - may I ask, what caused you to apply for the IPO in the first place?

This thread is usually just myself and minimoke going back and forth.

Would be interested to know your views that existed before you got cold feet.

Another viewer here who's been attracted and now second thinking (though probably won't pull out).

Understand the very high risk nature of this one, but I felt that there is a demand out there for a jump jet style vehicle for first responders and should it gain a bit of traction, hopefully some interest for military. If (this is a very big if) military gets involved deep pockets are found.

Google shows a bit of personal interest, but I'm more aligned to emergency responders and see a market for that.

I've not put much into it and if I lose it all I won't be hurting, but thats the gamble.

Quote Originally Posted by GuessX View Post
    I've not put much into it and if I lose it all I won't be hurting, but thats the gamble.
    I've been to the HQ, met the CEO, playing with the jetpack (not turned on though, I'm afraid), seen the workshop areas and all the bits and pieces they are working on.

A risk, certainly, a gamble, maybe but a "ponzi scheme" as suggested by minimoke - certainly not.

Quote Originally Posted by robbo24 View Post
    Interesting notion - may I ask, what caused you to apply for the IPO in the first place?

This thread is usually just myself and minimoke going back and forth.

Would be interested to know your views that existed before you got cold feet.

Hey Robbo,

I thought this would be a great invention for Military Use. I have some military experience and can see it's application in an urban ops space or the unmanned version as a large obvious drone that could cover space quicker than small drones can at a higher level.

However, the lack of communication has made me an investor looking to bail.

I find this disappointing. I think people should do their research and form a view which supports a "buy" decision. If not convinced to " buy" then don't.

Even with these highly speculative stocks it shouldn't be a gamble. You should measure the risk and ensure the likely return rewards that risk.

That's the problem I see with mjp. There is probably a 95% chance of loosing (all) your money. What they are offering in return doesn't whet my appetite. So I'll keep my cash and take the much lower but safer return on this occasion.

That's not gambling, it's managing the risk.

However, the lack of communication has made me an investor looking to bail.
    I'm not sure why you would buy in the first place. Mjp's communication has been pretty consistent. Every year they roll out the same old press release which essentially says "loads of interest this year with first orders off production line next year". Except next year never arrives.

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    I think people should do their research and form a view which supports a "buy" decision. If not convinced to " buy" then don't.

Even with these highly speculative stocks it shouldn't be a gamble. You should measure the risk and ensure the likely return rewards that risk.

That's the problem I see with mjp. There is probably a 95% chance of loosing (all) your money. What they are offering in return doesn't whet my appetite. So I'll keep my cash and take the much lower but safer return on this occasion.
    So, from this I gather minimoke has done his research, measured the risk and has come to the conclusion of 95%.

I am interested to see how you convert your in-depth research into this percentage... Please do share.

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    I find this disappointing. I think people should do their research and form a view which supports a "buy" decision. If not convinced to " buy" then don't.
    Why do you think I haven't done my research?

Based upon my feelings of this stock, I felt it was worth risking a little bit of money for high returns. On the chance it doesn't work, I haven't put all my eggs in one high risk basket. That IS managing risk .. is it not?

There's a chance this will pay off big time, and a chance that I will lose it all.
    I'm not putting all my money in this stock becuase there is as you say, a very real risk of losing it all - and I am aware of this.

It's not a religion that I'm going to follow blindly.

Quote Originally Posted by robbo24 View Post
    I am interested to see how you convert your in-depth research into this percentage... Please do share.
    It's not an exact science.

But put your money into a company with no stock, no sales, no orders, no defined market alongside increased operating costs associated with a bigger back shed, extra compliance/ listing costs, director fees and employees wages plus increased manufacturing costs which will cause margin squeeze and reduced turnover against a back drop where alternative technologies (Eg drones) are coming into play I'd say there is a 100% chance of loosing your money.

But I'm not a pessimist so I reckon there is a slim chance you will keep some of your money. Let's call it 5% but not quibble about a few percent here or there.

But the moment borrowing comes into play I'll move to 100% certainty since the bank will have first call on assets leaving shareholders with nothing.

And how close are they.$700k in cash at june. Burning $2m a year. Plus$3.7m from pre-ipo less ipo listing costs to date. I don't think there is a lot of cash left. I'd say around $500k. Some money from ipo gives extra equity, gives bank reason to lend. see where I'm heading with this?

Why do you think I haven't done my research?
    because you said it is a gamble