sharetrader
Page 34 of 61 FirstFirst ... 2430313233343536373844 ... LastLast

Thread: Martin Jetpack

Quote Originally Posted by robbo24 View Post
    in that first photo it could be he's looking at the heavens and praying for the souls that get to fly one of these. From the photo obviously not a happy place.

Quote Originally Posted by robbo24 View Post
    Apply remote control headset and controls, fly it up, fly people down. Shake hands with survivors.
    Ok, so you are going to have it parked somewhere, perhaps on a trailor. Pilot, remote controller pilot and 2 ground crew get call out - so they are somewhere like a fire station. They drive over damaged roads to a place where remote control pilot can view scene. Offload jetpack onto solid ground manhandling 180kg while ground crew clears area of debris. Sunhat donned off they fly. First stop cTV.oops too late that one is up in flames. Head north to Pyne gold. Oops that one is pancaked and the mjp can't fly in the spaces. Off then to forsyth barr oops stair Wells collapsed so no one is heading to the roof so have to attempt rescue out of 14th floor window. Problematic for remote controller so that part of mission abandoned. ( never mind a large crane managed) Now off to clarendon towers same story there so not much to be achieved. Ok let's head off to the grand chancellor - Oh dear running low on fuel head back to base nothing achieved.

Obviously a few technologies missing at the moment - like being able to fly remotely out of view from controller. Also tool that will enable window rescues without affecting drag or lift.

Actually their simulators look like a lot of fun, maybe they can just sell those like those VR games and forget about the physical jetpacks altogether, they won't need nearly as many engineers and will be able to get to the market quick. Just attach a FB app on it to share flying experience socially and MJP will be immediately valued at $1B

Quote Originally Posted by Frostwind View Post
    Actually their simulators look like a lot of fun, maybe they can just sell those like those VR games and forget about the physical jetpacks altogether,
    As I recall there has already been a flight simulator company established in Christchurch who had such a good product airlines were using it for training. Can't remember the name but I recall they listed or got near to IPO but went bust.

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    As I recall there has already been a flight simulator company established in Christchurch who had such a good product airlines were using it for training. Can't remember the name but I recall they listed or got near to IPO but went bust.
    But the MJP version looks like it's actually lifted off the ground, which is better than just a screen.

But the MJP version looks like it's actually lifted off the ground, which is better than just a screen.
    they are using 3d goggles to give it the "feel" of flight. Can you imagine OSH with some device that actually takes off?? It would turn the simIlator into the same category as a fair ground attraction which you can do for a couple of bucks.

they are using 3d goggles to give it the "feel" of flight. Can you imagine OSH with some device that actually takes off?? It would turn the simIlator into the same category as a fair ground attraction which you can do for a couple of bucks.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ii__3Pt5hY

It's fine - stop crying.

3D googles cannot replicate the effect that you are actually "off" the ground I think it'll be a fun game. They should forget about the jetpack and just focus on the simulator

3D googles cannot replicate the effect that you are actually "off" the ground I think it'll be a fun game. They should forget about the jetpack and just focus on the simulator
    In which case you should perhaps look at Pacific simulators Ltd as an investent option. They already have the backing of big name Stephen tindall, a product that works and an interest in getting into China.

Robbo had his Man flying around Hong Kong airport On a jet pack. Stick me on a bouncy chair (with a lawn mower going in the back yard) and google earth and i could do the same thing. But Imagine trying to land a 737!
    Last edited by minimoke; 28-01-2015 at 03:45 PM.

I think KCS and MJP will be the short of the year

I'm looking for both shares to decline over 50%, that is HKD $2 for KCS and AUD 20c for MJP.