sharetrader
Page 4 of 61 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast

Thread: Martin Jetpack

You can get a copy of the prospectus from here: www.martinjetpack.com/offer

Banned

Not a bad offer if they can raise the required $25M and keep the mCap just above $125M with orders to boot. I see they have a nice pipeline of products as well, just like a PEB checklist.

If I ever get a ride on one I will be muchos

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by BFG View Post
    Not a bad offer if they can raise the required $25M and keep the mCap just above $125M with orders to boot. I see they have a nice pipeline of products as well, just like a PEB checklist.

If I ever get a ride on one I will be muchos
    Thats is a huge market cap for an product not avaliable for sale that competes against two products:
    - one 50% more expensive but with more range, speed, lifting capacity etc (ie. a helicopter (admit-ably a cheap one but this the jet pack is just a even more basic version)
    - one 1% - 100% of the cost with similar features except lifting capacity (ie. drones)

They say it will be great for first responder's but given its limited range, you will need to transport it close to the site on a truck and trailer (eliminating the cost benefit) compared to just flying there in a helicopter (which will have a speed benefit compared to a truck and trailer). For ones stationed on site (say for lifeguard duties), why not just get a drone and a jet ski/RIB at less than half the price with longer operating time and capacity.

Banned

Rich people will probably kill themselves with them.

They often do with helicopters and fixed-wing aircraft, can't see why this would be any different.
    Last edited by Skol; 29-10-2014 at 05:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey Specter View Post
    Thats is a huge market cap for an product not avaliable for sale that competes against two products:
    - one 50% more expensive but with more range, speed, lifting capacity etc (ie. a helicopter (admit-ably a cheap one but this the jet pack is just a even more basic version)
    - one 1% - 100% of the cost with similar features except lifting capacity (ie. drones)

They say it will be great for first responder's but given its limited range, you will need to transport it close to the site on a truck and trailer (eliminating the cost benefit) compared to just flying there in a helicopter (which will have a speed benefit compared to a truck and trailer). For ones stationed on site (say for lifeguard duties), why not just get a drone and a jet ski/RIB at less than half the price with longer operating time and capacity.
    Good points articulately made.

I agree with your comments about mCap and the likes but am a bit more hesitant to say that helicopters are direct competition.

On paper, at least, the MJ can do things a helicopter cannot and it runs on petrol.

I don't think the MJ is aimed to replace the utility of a helicopter, nor do I think the same of replacing a drone with a GoPro. It's effectively a novel thing... Use your imagination

I would gladly take a ride from a burning building or sinking ship.

Quote Originally Posted by robbo24 View Post
    You don't like anything to do with this company, seems to me to be an unreasonable level of hatred without much justification
    I'm sure if there was something to admire I would. Let me think for a moment. Hmmm - no nothing comes to mind. No - I think it actually looks kind of cool but beyond that Im drawing a blank. No hatred at all - seems to me a pointless exercise in which people with more cash than sense will see their money disappear. If they read thsi thread they at least wont be able to say they weren't warned. into.
    I see you're from Christchurch, did they do noise testing near your place or something?
    Not too far away from Air NZ engineering so on a quiet night I'm well used to teh engine testing noise

Reasons minimoke doesn't like Martin Jetpack:

1) It's speculative
    Nope I have no issue whatsoever with teh speculative nature of this offering. Lwt teh buyer beware I reckon
    2) They will never actually list
    There is a faint possibility that they will list. I'm never amazed at how easy it is to take peopels money from them. Though they may find it hard this time around. They have allre ady tapped teh high rollers who wont miss a few bob. Now its up to retail investors. the Australian economy isnt that flash so I dont think there is so much spare cash floating around with will speculatiors. That said theres a sucker born ever minute - so there could well be enough time over the next month or so.
    3) "Broken promises"
    yes you have me there. They have a very long history of development and are consistent in their failure to deliver anything to market. But I guess that's teh nature of this beast - it took so long to get from Glens back shed to his garage and then into a bigger garage and now into an even biiger one - all they seem to be doing is increasing the size of the garage.
    4) Minimoke will never ever use one even if it offers to save his life
    . Darn right there. I wouldnt even want my mother in law rescued by one!
    5) Noise testing near his house?
    Its not noisier than jet engines is it. Actually come to think of it I think it might be.

Quote Originally Posted by robbo24 View Post

I would gladly take a ride from a burning building or sinking ship.
    Two wee problems I can see.
    1) 120kg payload would see you struggling to lift off from a burning building with a good chance you'll plummet to the ground below.
    2 Flight time of 30 minutes may see the jetpack arrive at your sinking ship. It may even leave your sinking ship. But it wont get to shore

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    Two wee problems I can see.
    1) 120kg payload would see you struggling to lift off from a burning building with a good chance you'll plummet to the ground below.
    2 Flight time of 30 minutes may see the jetpack arrive at your sinking ship. It may even leave your sinking ship. But it wont get to shore
    Payload seems to be 100kg in addition to fuel, equipment and a pilot. You must be an enormous dude if it can't lift you without a pilot or equipment when it is remote controlled lol... http://www.martinjetpack.com/technical

I'm sure it could ferry you off your sinking boat and onto any old boat. Most boats don't have room for a helicopter and most helicopters don't fly into the middle of the ocean. You want someone to jump in and swim you out of the water? Lol, I think even your mother in law has more sense than that.

Banned

I reckon selling 1000 units would put it on a PE of 1. Seems like an absolute steal. Perhaps Handley could provide some Snakk oil to lubricate those hardworking engines?

Quote Originally Posted by BFG View Post
    I reckon selling 1000 units would put it on a PE of 1. Seems like an absolute steal. Perhaps Handley could provide some Snakk oil to lubricate those hardworking engines?
    Lol if they sell 1000 "first responder" or, as could be the case, "military" jetpacks at $200k a pop then 1000 units would be PE ratio of 0.5.

LOL