sharetrader
Page 44 of 61 FirstFirst ... 3440414243444546474854 ... LastLast

Thread: Martin Jetpack

Quote Originally Posted by robbo24 View Post
    I invested long enough ago to be enjoying capital gains right now - profits are for traders
    Robbo, I truly hope you have liquidated your gains and not just sitting on a paper win. That way we can bask in the shadow of your success and I can reflect on my "stupidity". But more importantly I'm expecting a "please Explain" from the ozzie exchange.

Do punters not realise that Jenny Morrel, No. 8 Ventures and Glen Martin were people who were likely closest to market information including tasty morsels of inside information right up to Monday morning. And they choose to sell out at $0.40. And for some reason Mom and Pops seem to know better and are prepared to double the price to $0.80 in two days. Where is the sense in that?

Guru

Not only that, No* and GM accepted a reduction from 40% which also resulted in a higher dilution.

Robbo - I recommend you lock in some gains, at least take out your investment so your net cost is zero as I expect this is a repeat of GEO. You'll be able to buy back in at a lower cost I am sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey Specter View Post
    Not only that, No* and GM accepted a reduction from 40% which also resulted in a higher dilution.

Robbo - I recommend you lock in some gains, at least take out your investment so your net cost is zero as I expect this is a repeat of GEO. You'll be able to buy back in at a lower cost I am sure.
    Years old blood sweat and tears for Mr Martin and Ms Morel - they are more than entitled to cash out a little bit.

If you really think Jenny doesn't have a large interest in No 8's interest in MJP then you are "acting da' foo'."

Jenny has a truckload of warrants and options. You might even find, if I recall correctly, those shares were paid in lieu of money for her services at director. Why wouldn't she take some cash?

Put it in context and it's not quite the extravagant sell down you would have other believe.

Thanks for all your good advice guys, happy to forge my own trail with this one. MJP provided some great capital gains, now it's acting as a good trading stock.

Have fun sitting on the side lines.

Disc: Buy-in 30 NZ cents

Guru

Why wouldn't she take some cash?
    Agree. But why would she accept 40c if she could get 80c? There is leaving money on the table but thats a bit extreme.

Put it in context and it's not quite the extravagant sell down you would have other believe.
    absolutely they are entitled to sell. And good on them for getting something back . But don't undercook it.

Glen sold 3.7m shares so he has taken a $1.5m hit. A hit he can ill afford given his public statement that the sale would see him in about the same financial position as if he had stayed on his original career path. And there is no valuing the years his son had to sleep in the garage because they couldnt afford a bigger home. So I reckon that is a huge hit.

And morel was sellING out 54% of her holding in macl. Selling more than half of your holding at half price is also a huge hit.

They have both taken a bath over the past two days - and these were people closest to the facts.

Quote Originally Posted by Frostwind View Post
    40c now, i maintain my original guess that this thing will close:
    38c today
    33c by 1 month anniversary
    <30c by 1 year anniversary
    You didn't pick 118 by right now did you???

Or 139 right now??

Poor old rizuyaki, he could have made a killing if not for you negative nancies...
    Last edited by robbo24; 02-03-2015 at 03:03 PM.

Guru

must say I am surprised. Well done.

This a crazy. How can it possibly be discounted to $0.40 and now at $1.46. Less than a week later?

I am struggling to think of any other company that has done do well with so little in the history of ipo's.. amazon didn't do it,eBay couldn't, Google didn't

How on earth has Martin managed when only a month ago no one (except robbo ) wanted a bar of it.

And what's the trading halt about?

You would have to think someone is laundering the $ on this one.