sharetrader
Page 7 of 61 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757 ... LastLast

Thread: Martin Jetpack

Any word on their anti power lines collision system?

Quote Originally Posted by Schrodinger View Post
    Any word on their anti power lines collision system?
    The same type as helicoptors, planes, microlites, trucks, cherry pickers, ladders, tall people, etc.

Got to love the humour brokers have. Craigs Investment Partners have had no uptake from NZers saying" it's an area for investors who want to take a very high risk gamble on something that may or may not take off" ha ha.

None of Hamilton Hindon green investors are interested either - though they aren't promoting it as it is outside their risk profile.

Coker now says no sales expected until mid next year.

What I do find interesting is that Coker says they have made no sales yet. But I am sure in previous releases they have said there are orders on the books and loads of interest.

Coker also says there is loads of interest in this IPO (which seems a bit at odds with the previous cash raising with only 40 investors putting their hands up) but I suppose we'll have to wait til Monday to find out.

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    Got to love the humour brokers have. Craigs Investment Partners have had no uptake from NZers saying" it's an area for investors who want to take a very high risk gamble on something that may or may not take off" ha ha.

None of Hamilton Hindon green investors are interested either - though they aren't promoting it as it is outside their risk profile.

Coker now says no sales expected until mid next year.

What I do find interesting is that Coker says they have made no sales yet. But I am sure in previous releases they have said there are orders on the books and loads of interest.

Coker also says there is loads of interest in this IPO (which seems a bit at odds with the previous cash raising with only 40 investors putting their hands up) but I suppose we'll have to wait til Monday to find out.
    Indeed, it is a curious company and a curious IPO.

Investors aren't going to be (probably never going to be) your average "Mum and Dad" or prudent brokering firm.

I have met Mr Coker - he's an OK guy, very friendly. I note his comments in another article: (and the later one you refer to)
    However, Martin Aircraft chief executive Peter Coker said all the indications were that there was substantial interest in the shares and a fair amount from New Zealand. The offer could well be oversubscribed, he said.

I agree with you minimoke that the total number of investors was small in the private capital raising, but it did raise AU$6.5m. That's just over a quarter of what they seek to raise in a full IPO with prospectus and international media/advertising coverage.

In the same article as above, Martin Allison notes that the float is tiny.

Martin Allison, a client adviser at sharebrokers Craigs Investment Partners in Auckland, said he had not had any interest from his clients. "It's a tiny float and it's highly speculative," Allison said. "It's an area for investors who want to take a very high risk gamble on something that may or may not take off."

I agree with Mr Allison - it is a small float. A small float for a highly speculative product, but one that could be enormous. That may lend itself to significant interest from people willing to part with some of their large piles of money to get a piece of the tiny float at the earliest opportunity available to them.

I believe there may have been mention of a few MOUs/HOAs out there, which cannot (of course) be called "sales" in any event. Certainly the company has mentioned on many occasions that there are expressions of interest from various sectors.

Here's a video I found this morning, too.

It's still not too late to sign up for the IPO, minimoke

These guys bought a jetpack into work recently; I'm gutted I missed it.

I don't know a huge amount it, but I've got a feeling a lot of the risk revolves around how the 'device' is classified around the world? For example, if its designated as a light aircraft instead of a (motor) vehicle, the barriers to ownership and practicality rise dramatically?

Sorry. Gotta say I watched the vid and immediately fell about the floor laughing. Bought an outboard motor once that screamed its head off to no great effect and went nowhere like that gay Jetpack. Lol. How much??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ii__3Pt5hY

Quote Originally Posted by trackers View Post
    These guys bought a jetpack into work recently; I'm gutted I missed it.

I don't know a huge amount it, but I've got a feeling a lot of the risk revolves around how the 'device' is classified around the world? For example, if its designated as a light aircraft instead of a (motor) vehicle, the barriers to ownership and practicality rise dramatically?
    Very true, to some degree covered in prospectus. Here are some highlights for your convenience:

5.4 FIRST TARGET MARKET

Taking into consideration the capabilities outlined above the Company will be seeking initial customers in the First Responder market under the context of “saving human lives”. Many of the First Responder agencies are government sponsored (for example fire, police and border security). The advantages of seeking them as our first customer are:

It should be easier to gain dispensation for operating outside normal commercial Microlight rules. For example, the Company understands that in some countries Microlight leisure aircraft are required to avoid flying over built up areas. However, those aircraft that have a first responder role are frequently allowed to operate in such domains. An example is the air ambulance helicopters of ten seen landing in parks as close as they can to the incident to which they are at tending.

The Company understands that any Crown or Federal entities self insure their assets thus potentially reducing cost of ownership.

The Mar tin Jetpack is suitable for operating in confined spaces and urban environments. As an example an initial meeting was held with a specific Fire Department in the USA that operates in dense urban conditions. They indicated that they had recently been given permission to operate drones in their environment but this was technically challenging from both a line of sight and control perspective. A manned Jetpack could be very suitable for such a situation.

The Company has received a number of inquiries from equivalent entities including Police, Homeland Security and Fire services.

These agencies also have an ethos of looking after equipment well and working in partnership with the original equipment manufacturers both of which will allow the Company to build a solid knowledge base of aircraft operations data.

6.0 Aviation Industry Overview

The Martin Jetpack is a registered aircraft in New Zealand under Civil Aviation Authority.

It is classified as a Microlight, and has been approved to fly manned and unmanned in New Zealand. The Martin Jetpack represents a new aircraf t capabilit y in the global aviation industry, which encompasses civil, general aviation and military. Although the novelty of Martin Jetpack makes it dif ficult to delineate accurately the extent of global market potential, an overview of the industry as well as identified markets indicates possible sales areas.

7.12.1 International Permits

The Company’s approach to permits in other countries is based upon leveraging the permits already approved within New Zealand. The Company understands that some countries will allow a direct transfer of permits based upon the New Zealand permits; other countries may require more of a specific approvals process including the inspection of the aircraf t prior to issuing permanent country registration.

This follows normal practice across the aviation industry particularly for Microlight, Ultralight and Sports Aircraft. The Director of Flight Operations will be the key executive in the Company responsible for liaising with potential customer’s aviation regulatory authorities. Approvals mapping requirements will take place early in 2015.

There is a lot of information in the prospectus, funnily enough.

Banned

Ads for prospectus turning up on NBR. Looks like MJP has its own Stig. Could it be Rob under that helmet?

“Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground. All we know is he’s called the Robo.”

Quote Originally Posted by robbo24 View Post
    It's still not too late to sign up for the IPO, minimoke
    When the end of my life comes I think it will be highly unlikely I'll be regretting not making my fortune by not buying into this ipo. That is, of course, unless I happen to be trapped in a burning building at the time.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by BFG View Post
    Ads for prospectus turning up on NBR. Looks like MJP has its own Stig. Could it be Rob under that helmet?

“Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground. All we know is he’s called the Robo.”
    I am getting a lot of spam emails for it. My guess is they are struggling or they woundn't be paying for the mailing lists.