sharetrader
Page 9 of 61 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959 ... LastLast

Thread: Martin Jetpack

Quote Originally Posted by robbo24 View Post
    It is the Board’s current intention to immediately close the IPO if the significant investor subscribes for shares during the extended period.
    Actually, this is probably minimoke.

Great news if you didn't have time to sign up following your revelation:
    The trouble I see with IPO's is you need a bit of coin to participate. The trouble with coin is that it has two sides. You obviously see the positive side. I see the other.

So lets recap on what we know. The Avwatch transaction is "inked" meaning it is a done deal. It can’t be for a $1m cash sale under terms - I would have thought a sale like this would be something material and should be disclosed to the market - it hasn’t been. So we can only conclude it is some kind of arrangement where Martin build 3 jetpacks and a simulator, ship them to the States, provide some technical support n exchange for something else. That "something" we don't know but for a mil I reckon it ought to be disclosed.

One thing we can be certain about – the Jetback is not being looked at by US Military as part of its Stealth programme.

We also know that the IPO has been significantly under subscribed. How do we know this? Well, there are 50 million shares on offer. A "Significant investor" is going to want a "Significant" stake. We don’t know what this but how about we call it 25% or around 12m shares, at least, not taken up so therefore undersubscribed.

Do we have confidence this deal will go ahead. No! Why not. Because significant investors have already had a chance to drop some cash into this company not so long ago. So chances are the Investor didn’t like the look of Martin back then at that price. So why would they want to pay more now?

I reckon this is a smoke screen as they rattle around trying to get takers to take a bit more.
    Last edited by minimoke; 29-11-2014 at 09:34 AM. Reason: smilies went odd

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    I reckon this is a smoke screen as they rattle around trying to get takers to take a bit more.
    Possibly, but that is just one narrative my friend.

There's lots of things at play. Existing shareholders get first in line. There may have to be some rodgering and shucking to fit a new "big boy" into the fold.

If the IPO was undersubbed then I sincerely doubt the announcement yesterday would be what it was.

Wait and see The clock is ticking!

Do we have confidence this deal will go ahead. No! Why not. Because significant investors have already had a chance to drop some cash into this company not so long ago. So chances are the Investor didn’t like the look of Martin back then at that price. So why would they want to pay more now?
    Here's some more information for you minimoke: http://businessnow.theaustralian.com...hore-investor/

The investor approached Martin Aircraft about 10 days ago, and then requested to have more time to assess the opportunity.

The board intends to close the IPO immediately if the investor decides to invest during the extended period, the company added.

Martin Aircraft did not disclose the identity of the investor, but it is understood to be an overseas-based company which will likely commit a significant amount of investment.

Martin Aircraft also expects to use this investor’s statement as a strong statement to the market, trying to persuade investors with a solid investment thesis in an IPO that is meant to commercialize its Martin Jetpack.

Get your IPO acceptance letter in now before it's too late!

Here's some more information for you minimoke: http://businessnow.theaustralian.com...hore-investor/

Well someone has balls. Fancy saying "Martin Aircraft also expects to use this investor’s statement as a strong statement to the market, trying to persuade investors with a solid investment thesis in an IPO that is meant to commercialize its Martin Jetpack." Is the reverse true if the investor does'nt buy in?

I think we can also read the company is really struggling to come up with investors. We know they couldn't find enough in NZ - thats why they went to Australia. It now appears there arent enough in Australia so they are looking "offshore"

I'm wondering if the CEO and CFO are spending their Christmas IPO success bonuses yet?

I'm wondering if the CEO and CFO are spending their Christmas IPO success bonuses yet?
    Someone has balls for sayings things alright!

Minimoke, chalk up another sale:

More surprisingly, the Martin Jetpack has attracted interest from the agricultural sector. An avocado farmer was particularly interested in acquiring one of the new jetpacks, explaining how it would help them to rapidly examine their crops.
    http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/jetpacks-co...s-time-1477238

Jeez - they are really starting to stretch it now. Why doesn't said avocado grower just go up and down his plot on a quad bike, or stick a few cameras on poles or get a camera tied to a drone. I think he'll sit down and go $200k is a cost too much. If that doesn't do it just wait for the complaints from the neighbors on the din this thing makes.

I eagerly await the high country farmer who is going to use it to help muster merino. Or maybe whalewatch could use it for spotting whale off Kaikoura.

Edit: What sale? - don't be counting your chickens before they hatch!
    Last edited by minimoke; 30-11-2014 at 05:26 PM.

Cool Minimoke is bullish on Martin Jetpack!

I eagerly await the high country farmer who is going to use it to help muster merino. Or maybe whalewatch could use it for spotting whale off Kaikoura.
    You're getting good at thinking up applications for the Martin Jetpack, minimoke.

You're getting good at thinking up applications for the Martin Jetpack, minimoke.
    Think I should ask for a retainer?