sharetrader
Page 119 of 169 FirstFirst ... 1969109115116117118119120121122123129 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,190 of 1683

Seems like in most of these oversubscribed capital raises the sharesies scaling is horrendous in comparison (even those restricted to current shareholders).

Milford got behind it in a big way

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    That’s correct …but you need to front up with $1.85 for each share you are entitled to.

If you do nothing (let the rights lapse) you might get a small cheque after the shortfall book build
    The detail will be in the actual offer document but I am going to suggest that if you are not an Ineligible shareholder you will get nothing for doing nothing.

i.e. if you get an entitlement letter it will be you can buy some, all or maybe all & some more of your entitlement, but if you let it lapse you get zero dollars and zero cents.

Whether you will be able to sell your rights on market - wait and see.

Only ineligible shareholders benefit from the shortfall book-build is how I currently understand it.

image source
    om mani peme hum

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Bjammin View Post
    Seems like in most of these oversubscribed capital raises the sharesies scaling is horrendous in comparison (even those restricted to current shareholders).
    You're not kidding there - maybe Sharesies need to ensure their Broker allocations from the Cap Raise companies are more realistic

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Snow Leopard View Post
    The detail will be in the actual offer document but I am going to suggest that if you are not an Ineligible shareholder you will get nothing for doing nothing.

i.e. if you get an entitlement letter it will be you can buy some, all or maybe all & some more of your entitlement, but if you let it lapse you get zero dollars and zero cents.

Only ineligible shareholders benefit from the shortfall book-build is how I currently understand it.

image source
    I think all shareholders who do not take up their entitlements share in the shortfall process.

From the ineligible shareholder letter:

1. Any Premium (as that term is defined in the Offer Document) achieved above the Issue Price for New Shares in the Shortfall Bookbuild will be paid (with no brokerage costs deducted) on a pro rata basis to those Shareholders who do not take up their Entitlements or who are Ineligible Shareholders.

https://www.nzx.com/announcements/381049

image source
    I read it as any shareholder who doesn't take up their rights can benefit from the shortfall bookbuild as you won't be able to sell your rights on market

Slide 23 'Equity Raising Terms' from the Investor Presentation describes the offer structure

"Pro rata renounceable Rights Offer provides all Eligible Shareholders with the opportunity to participate, with no provision for trading right on market. Shortfall bookbuild provides mechanism for shareholders who have not taken up or sold their rights to realise value"

image source
    That should give inactive shareholders "paws" for thought. Can't believe the size of the paws on that little one !
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

So, seems I mis-read the bits I read.

Lucky I put a cute piccy in the post then.
    om mani peme hum

So, seems I mis-read the bits I read.

Lucky I put a cute piccy in the post then.
    definitely makes ALL the difference

So I did the maths on Milfords freshly declared holding at 7.2% (beginning to have Subst. Holding)

they sold 7 mill at 2.08 but bought 14 mill at 1.96. on the way to their 39 mill current holding

Nice!
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    definitely makes ALL the difference

So I did the maths on Milfords freshly declared holding at 7.2% (beginning to have Subst. Holding)

they sold 7 mill at 2.08 but bought 14 mill at 1.96. on the way to their 39 mill current holding

Nice!
    From their doing next to nothing, a nice boost for their clients accounts.

Placement + subsequent discounted rights issue = about 6% return on their outlay in about a month - provided the price continues to hold up. So it will be about 72% annualised provided my maths is ok.
    Last edited by Bjauck; 20-10-2021 at 04:22 PM.