sharetrader
Page 149 of 169 FirstFirst ... 4999139145146147148149150151152153159 ... LastLast
Results 1,481 to 1,490 of 1683

This Arvida village sounds a bit munted

At least residents OK even though some have lost everything

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/300...rement-village
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by trader_jackson View Post
    Indeed you have to question why, but you also have to look at the past - being the most undervalued stock of the listed retirement operators on every metric, and one of the most undervalued stocks on the entire NZX, is nothing new for ARV - in the past it can last for months before Mr Market catches on... given ARV's impressive track record, including most recently having the best results of the listed retirement sector by quite some margin, it is certainly surprising to see it is 'back to its old ways' as of right now, but this should 'fix itself' in due course (as it has done in the past where there are these unusual "lulls", also known as "buying opportunities"), which in this case means (ceteris paribus) a 10% or so uplift from the current $1.19 should be easily expected quite soon... unless of course there is something material that ARV is not disclosing in which case that would be extremely serious and the NZX should investigate.
    your right arv moves like a slug in an attempt to play catch up with market lol
    one step ahead of the herd

Just curious...Has anyone just rung them and asked some questions.
    Im not overly invested to care that much.
    Remembering of course that what they dont say often means more than what they do say.
    Last edited by troyvdh; 10-02-2023 at 03:42 PM.

Seriously has anyone just rung them and asked for why the SP is plunging to new lows.

Quote Originally Posted by troyvdh View Post
    Seriously has anyone just rung them and asked for why the SP is plunging to new lows.
    If your that concerned why don't you try and make contact. I suspect its more about selling to pay for RYM issue.

Share prices are not controlled by the company. The market controls the share price, so asking ARV why the SP is low, is ridiculous.

Ok Im ridiculous..fair call.I havent rung them because im not overly invested to care that much.
    justakiwi...have you ever rung a PLC and asked a few questions...it can be quite interesting...
    A wee hint ..ask the person you are talking to how many shares do they have.

OK, I was a little harsh so I apologise for using the word "ridiculous."

I was just pointing out that the company does not control the share price, although of course, company actions (such as capital raises etc) can temporarily influence the share price.

The share price is only relevant to me if I am wanting to buy or sell. Other than that, it tells me very little about the companies I am holding. From what I have observed lately, it seems to me that drops in share prices that make no real sense, are often the result of two things. Profit taking and fear. For share prices that are simply lower than one would expect or like them to be, fear seems to again be the common denominator. Very few people actually remember to think for themselves, in my experience. They follow their chosen investing "guru" (as many here have openly done often) believing that their guru is smarter than them and has some kind of magical powers. The truth is, nobody does. It is all calculated, informed guesswork in the end.

Ok Im ridiculous..fair call.I havent rung them because im not overly invested to care that much.
    justakiwi...have you ever rung a PLC and asked a few questions...it can be quite interesting...
    Last edited by justakiwi; 17-02-2023 at 06:24 PM.

Guru

NZX listed companies have to abide by continuous disclosure rules with respect to material information.

https://www.nzx.com/regulation/nzx-r...guidance-notes
    Last edited by Bjauck; 18-02-2023 at 04:28 PM.

I am also curious why this SP keeps falling so dramatically.

It can't be concern over insurance for the flood damage to one location given ARV has stated it is comprehensively insured.

Additionally gearing was said (in the HY result to 30 Sept) to be only 27% after sale of the residue land left after the Waikanae development. NTA was given at $1.91 per share and on the face of it the profitability and build rates were reasonable albeit some completions were deferred to the HY ending 31 March, and embedded value had increased. So have either builds or sales/resales fallen into a black hole?

Does anyone have a good feel for this?