sharetrader
Page 24 of 169 FirstFirst ... 142021222324252627283474124 ... LastLast
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by OldGuy View Post
    anyone holding stocks in this sector as a pure dividend play should not be investing at all IMHO.

The vast majority of gains to be made are from SP growth...
    I gained almost 25% in SP growth on Arvida least than 1 year.....plus its dividend
    Last edited by King1212; 23-11-2016 at 10:28 AM. Reason: extra

How much of the 31% earnings growth came from 'first full six months of Aria'?
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Guru

I'm not to sure, I'm just happy with the 18% increase in EPS (among other things, such as an increasing development pipeline)
    On another note, at least no Arvida retirement villages are being compared to a prison...
    http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/8679...d-for-auckland

Certainly looking forward to a strong full year result

Guru

Nothing to see here, just good (but also unsurprising) to see Forsyth's target price rise to $1.42... wasn't that long ago when it was at $1.10... in fact wasn't even that long ago (year or so) when the share price was in the 80's... crazy stuff
    Last edited by trader_jackson; 25-11-2016 at 08:18 AM.

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Thumbs up SUM Diversity is good

Added a minimum size chunk of these to the NZX portfolio.

See how it goes for a while.

DYOR

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    om mani peme hum

Guru

Cool Welcome aboard

Quote Originally Posted by Paper Tiger View Post
    Added a minimum size chunk of these to the NZX portfolio.

See how it goes for a while.

DYOR

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    Good to see it has MET your approval

(If you'd brought a year ago you'd already be up 25% + 5% in dividends approximately speaking)

Banned

Guru

Great presentation above, not just for Arvida but for the sector as a whole...

In this interest rate increasing environment, it is nice to see Arvida is low gearing... not surprised at the impending bed shortage, should bold well for ARV's potentially 'game changer' ORA over care beds

Nice ralley these past few days, on good volume too... quite the opposite to 'the big 3'

I note there are some large orders lined up, while the sellers have seeminly disappeared...

Forsyth have picked it to bolt into the NZX 50 in the upcoming adjustments, something that will no doubt support the share price, and most of all give ARV, a company listed for less than 2 years old, more coverage (don't know if anybody but forsyth actually cover it) which could also lead to further support.

But don't listen to me, my research is a joke according to some...

Disclosure: Extremely tempting to buy more, but SUM diversification may be better
    Last edited by trader_jackson; 01-12-2016 at 01:28 PM.

Banned

Juicy dividend coming just in time to buy Christmas stuff

Banned

Default Real Estate Drives this Industry

Quote Originally Posted by trader_jackson View Post
    Great presentation above, not just for Arvida but for the sector as a whole...

In this interest rate increasing environment, it is nice to see Arvida is low gearing... not surprised at the impending bed shortage, should bold well for ARV's potentially 'game changer' ORA over care beds

Nice ralley these past few days, on good volume too... quite the opposite to 'the big 3'

I note there are some large orders lined up, while the sellers have seeminly disappeared...

Forsyth have picked it to bolt into the NZX 50 in the upcoming adjustments, something that will no doubt support the share price, and most of all give ARV, a company listed for less than 2 years old, more coverage (don't know if anybody but forsyth actually cover it) which could also lead to further support.

But don't listen to me, my research is a joke according to some...

Disclosure: Extremely tempting to buy more, but SUM diversification may be better
    Yes, and I still remember Forsyth promoting Feltex! As for impending bed shortage, I think you need to take into account the Government's reluctance to hand over money for Retirement Homes to get fat on. It was not long ago that the industry was complaining bitterly that the Govt was underfunding and a number of operators sold out or restrained from providing care services. Retirement providers are currently making their money from gains on accommodation licences and so essentially an investment in this industry is an investment in real estate. If the RE market goes backwards then pensioners moving out of their homes will not have the same where-withall to buy into retirement villages and so their licence values will be affected.