I’ll let t_] tell us what it really means ...he’s more on the ball than me

http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-websit...033/307760.pdf
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Some pretty impressive sales numbers in this update

Sum are saying things are slowing down, but ARV seems to be hitting records left right and centre... Great stuff ain't it... even greater that the CEO is in Browns Bay today, taking the time to talk to those already at the village (and also those interested in the exciting 5 level development at Aria Bay).

ARV, not pumping and dumping units across the country (and hope they sell) but rather a true community company... with a strategy that has a track record of working through all parts of the cycle.

Only 30 cents more to go before we get around fair value they say.
    Last edited by trader_jackson; 17-09-2019 at 09:00 AM.

Some pretty impressive sales numbers in this update

I've seen an awful lot of creative caproate double speak this week.
    Another fine example with the two graphs presented in that update.
    Graph on the left has a time scale since they listed and they haven't even kept up with the NZX50.
    Graph on the right has a completely different time scale of only one year to make it look like they've outperformed the sector, (which they have if you choose the timeframe very very carefully)
    Thing with graphs and timescales very few people look at the detail like a bean counter does.
    Another fine example of disingenuous caproate double speak. (Where's my sick bag there's only so much I can stand in one week). If they had the same "since listing" time scale on the second graph SUM other companies would have soundly beaten them.SUMARV.jpg
    Remember when we said RYM was overvalued in 2014 and SUM was much better value ? Time for a checkup on how that's worked out for us here SUMRYM.jpg
    Looks like I picked and held the top performer. Done even better for those canny enough to sell last year at ~ $8 and buy them back for ~ $6.
    Last edited by Beagle; 19-09-2019 at 04:19 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.”
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Thing with graphs and timescales very few people look at the detail like a bean counter does.
    SUMARV.jpg
    That's right...the rest of us are just dumb arses eh ?
    FFS !

Chill mate, Just making the point that a lot of people don't look at the detail and this company has been very creative with the way they have presented that information in graphical form, that's all.
    Last edited by Beagle; 19-09-2019 at 04:23 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.”
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    I've seen an awful lot of creative caproate double speak this week.
    Another fine example with the two graphs presented in that update.
    Graph on the left has a time scale since they listed and they haven't even kept up with the NZX50.
    Graph on the right has a completely different time scale of only one year to make it look like they've outperformed the sector, (which they have if you choose the timeframe very very carefully)
    Another fine example of disingenuous caproate double speak. (Where's my sick bag there's only so much I can stand in one week). If they had the same "since listing" time scale on the second graph SUM other companies would have soundly beaten them.SUMARV.jpg
    Yes, I have to admit, it was a bit creative... but when you include participation in all the cap raises (to the fullest extent), it is funny how close ARV gets to sum others (in fact beats all of them bar 1 according to sharesight)... Since 18 December 2014 till 19 September 2019 average annual returns:
    SUM return: 20.29% pa
    ARV return: 16.06% pa
    OCA return: 15.57% pa (since 5 May 2017)
    (FNZ.NZX: 14.14% pa)
    RYM return: 11.58% pa
    MET return: 2.27% pa

(any issues with the above numbers - please contact the developers of sharesight )

Nearly 5 years on from listing, its only fair to say the people at ARV ain't that bad at generating shareholder wealth after all I suppose - even better than the average NZX 50 company and better than OCA - Chris Lee has probably fallen over in his chair after the initial scathing article he wrote on ARV (ironically, he seemed very keen on OCA when they listed), and I'm sure Chris Lee isn't the only one stunned.

I'm okay with this dog ARV being in 2nd place, might not be for much longer as it is still in the middle of a re-rating so much more to come they say.

On another note, the investor news was 4 pages long but I note you have only commented on the last page? (arguably the most boring page as well) - one that only talks/shows the past and nothing about the future - personally, I am more focuses on where ARV is going, now where it has been.... sum companies may have been market darlings in the past, but the past is not (always) an indicator of future performance they say
    Last edited by trader_jackson; 19-09-2019 at 04:32 PM.

There’s more to be made by investing in greasy chicken and stuff than boring old retirement villages

Both long term and short term
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

percy

There’s more to be made by investing in greasy chicken and stuff than boring old retirement villages

Both long term and short term
    Says a lot about investing.
    Stick with what you know best.............................lol.