sharetrader
Page 75 of 167 FirstFirst ... 256571727374757677787985125 ... LastLast

Jumping on the train today to become a long term holder. I'm hoping they will follow the Rymans trajectory who languished around the $1 - $2.5 mark for a number of years before heading north big time 2010 onwards (more to do with the property market no doubt). They are building a nice portfolio of good quality villages, and there is plenty of commentary on the need for aged care for a growing pool of +65's in the coming years. As the ad said, it may not happen soon but it will happen.....

Quote Originally Posted by trader_jackson View Post
    Just as well that flash full year results preso and that page in the annual report (and myself?) helped convince you to come on board!
    Hey mate ...I need your help somewhere else ....please help me out ......they rubbishing ARV big time and I’m only one defending them..

One follower thinks this acquisition is so bad he’s getting out
    Last edited by winner69; 26-06-2019 at 03:45 PM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

arv up 6% last 6 mths and the only one up over last yr

as for the others

rym up 6%

sum down 13%
    oca down 3%
    met down 17%

the market has spoken arv is far superior the others like sum and met and oca are rubbish lol
    one step ahead of the herd

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Hey mate ...I need your help somewhere else ....please help me out ......they rubbishing ARV big time and I’m only one defending them..

I know winner, maybe I shall make an appearance, but I really can't be bothered repeating what I said nearly 5 years ago when ARV listed... and the exact same arguments are being brought up again (growth by acquisition not working, integration risks, big write downs on facilities, having to buy growth as there is actually no growth in the existing business and the list goes on) when an actual fact is ARV now have a track record of acquiring, integrating and running (extremely well) various facilities nationwide, producing quality brown and greenfield developments, and, perhaps most importantly, receiving great feedback throughout all their villages in both care and independent living offerings.

I am almost in disbelief such things are being talked about yet again nearly 5 years after they were first brought up (given that they have all since have been proven completely wrong)... hopefully they read the above in bold
    Last edited by trader_jackson; 26-06-2019 at 03:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    arv up 6% last 6 mths and the only one up over last yr

as for the others

rym up 6%

sum down 13%
    oca down 3%
    met down 17%

the market has spoken arv is far superior the others like sum and met and oca are rubbish lol
    LOL - Arvida (in blue) is only winning if the price goes to the loser!
    SUM is the orange line ...

ARV SUM.PNG
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

... and they are not better in winning against OCA - TJ really must love his losers ...

ARV in blue and OCA in orange:

ARV OCA.PNG
    ----

ok - but I give you that one - ARV are winning hands down against MET's leaky building structures ... So - lets make Arvida second last - shall we?

ARV in blue and MET in orange.

ARV MET.PNG
    ----

Guru

aside from the fact past performance is not an indicator of future performance, yes I too can create graphs with various start and finish dates and say "look arv are doing badly"... show me a graph of year to date please or last 2 years (I assume those graphs include dividends?)
    Last edited by trader_jackson; 26-06-2019 at 04:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by trader_jackson View Post
    aside from the fact past performance is not an indicator of future performance, yes I too can create graphs with various start and finish dates and say "look arv are doing badly"... show me a graph of year to date please or last 2 years (I assume those graphs include dividends?)
    In what way would year to date charts be relevant for investors? I picked as starting point in each case the year in which the younger company has been listed. This is a relevant comparison;

Ah yes - and while it is correct that past performance is not equal to future performance, past non performance is never an indication that the future might be better ;

But hey - just be happy and keep doing what you seem to do best. Who knows - maybe - one day - it might even work ?
    ----

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post

Well I thing it is an OK deal, and will be putting my money where my post is.

So with tj, you and me all for it then who cares what anybody else thinks?
    om mani peme hum