sharetrader
Page 86 of 169 FirstFirst ... 367682838485868788899096136 ... LastLast
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Ggcc View Post
    Come on no one likes a gloater. I know you have done well in this company, but people tend to learn more from losing than they do winning at picking shares. I like to think I have learned soooo much lol
    No one does - but there are sum on here that rubbished ARV, and have done for years, and (whats worse) can't seem to accept that maybe ARV ain't that bad afterall (in fact, its actually done pretty well)

Guru

Congratulations all holders... a big finish at $1.54 - a fresh record high (and within 10 cents - "touching distance" if you will - of Heartland at $1.63)

Hard to believe 6 months ago it was only in the mid $1.20's (and paid out 3 cents in dividends over that period)

*The re-rating continues*
    onward and upward to $1.70
    Last edited by trader_jackson; 15-10-2019 at 05:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by trader_jackson View Post
    Congratulations all holders... a big finish at $1.54 - a fresh record high (and within 10 cents - "touching distance" if you will - of Heartland at $1.63)

Hard to believe 6 months ago it was only in the mid $1.20's (and paid out 3 cents in dividends over that period)

*The re-rating continues*
    onward and upward to $1.70
    Cool eh tj

Operational performance excellent

Financial performance pretty good

Future prospects very rosy

I think Forbar be upping target to $1.90 very soon
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

VWAP only $1.515

But up is up
    om mani peme hum

Advanced Member

Very pleased holder too - bought recently at $1.39 promptly went down to $1.33 a few days later but have had dividend and tidy sp bump.

I brought in at the rights issue so very pleased with my timing up a cool 20% already but i guess it had to happen was under appreciated for a long time , probably all the fuss was on OCA ( tried hard to tell people i thought there were better options than OCA to much redicule ) anyway go ARV
    one step ahead of the herd

Nice to see Arvida at some stage in the limelight as well - but we should not forget that basically any of the retirement villages is from time to time at the top compared to the others - and later back in the field. There is no reason to assume that this will be different this time with Arvida - as it was with SUM when they had their peak in e.g. Q3 2018 (SUM blue, ARV yellow):

Attachment 10812

or with OCA when they've been (as well in Q3 2018) well above Arvida (OCA blue, ARV yellow).

Attachment 10811

And sure - we can repeat that with any other timeframe and you still will see that the top position is changing - and ARV is currently not even at the top.

Anyway, always good to praise yourself if nobody else is doing it , but just don't expect this high to last - what goes up must come down.

Overall - while I didn't like the market introduction of Arvida, I don't see any reason why they should in average do worse than e.g. SUM or OCA, but I don't see any reason either why they should do better.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Arvida says profit announcement in a few weeks and the share price sinks well below 150

Punters expecting not too good news or something

At least 140 is a very strong support level.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Arvida says profit announcement in a few weeks and the share price sinks well below 150

Still ways above MA 30 - I would not read anything sinister into this "drop" so far ...
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post

Wasn't it supposed to be $1.70 by now ?
    Suppose Coutts has a theory on this one...probably one tenth of RYM so might revert to the mean sometime soon.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine