sharetrader
Page 79 of 167 FirstFirst ... 296975767778798081828389129 ... LastLast
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Sounds like OCA to me ;
    Yup, hence why I hold OCA as well (and, like ARV, have done since Day 1)... but I'm more confident in ARV... although somewhere else some people saying things ain't to great at ARV right now... I never recall ARV EPS going down in the 4.5 years its been listed, but with OCA... almost sounds like it is expected to drop this FY?!

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Sounds like OCA to me ;
    Sounds exactly like OCA to me too!! And then, what's happening to OCA's SP in recent monthS? And how some people keep saying how great the company was (I still think it's a very good operators in the care side of business in this sector) till the share price tanked around the dollar twenty level. I just don't see the reason buying into ARV, in particular the company only showing its performance in less than a year time. And when you invest in a company, I read it's long term financial performance as the first key metric. You can always pay money to the media these days to write you some very nice story, particular we have the beautiful NZHerald in this country.

On the other hand, although people may argue SUM is gone, at current SP level, I still firmly believe it's one of the best bargains on the market, at the current SP level. The upcoming disappointment about SUM's Q2 figures have been more or less priced in, don't think there is going to be much free fall from now on.

Advanced Member

[QUOTE=trader_jackson;765148]Of course not, as past performance is not an indicator of future performance...

We see that quote a lot in investing, but actually truth is, it's well documented with people, businesses, just about anything you name, past performance is the best indicator of future performance.

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Done all the work to apply for my SPP shares ( and maybe more )

Leaves plenty of time for things to be queried and sorted whilst on the road.
    om mani peme hum

I took my full entitlement but I also applied for a little in the bookbuild. I am assuming this could actually end up being more than market price if over subscribed? How does it actually work? I only thought about this after I applied... oh well

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by dabsman View Post
    I took my full entitlement but I also applied for a little in the bookbuild. I am assuming this could actually end up being more than market price if over subscribed? How does it actually work? I only thought about this after I applied... oh well
    I believe it will not be more than closing market price prior on the day the rights offer closes... it will likely be a discount, although probably not much of a discount as it seems alot of people (myself included) not only took up their full entitlement, but actually applied for more in the bookbuild as well. Will be intriguing to see the take up rates and book build price that is for sure... I imagine a 90%+ (ie extremely high for a rights issue) take up of the rights and a book build price around $1.30... ideally more around the placement price of $1.25 but I think this would be asking a bit much - ah well, easy way to top up on a great company, at a (likely) discount to market price, and brokerage free as well!)

Go The Warriors "This Year!"

Applied for my full entitlement and doubled up again for the rights.
    I used the money I could have spent on my THL rights as I see ARV as the much better bet at the moment.... Though can't see me getting too many more as I am sure this will be heavily scaled back due to demand... Still any extras without broker fees is always a bonus...

This capital raise has gone much better than previous. Typically in the past the share price has retreated back a bit but we are not seeing it this time.

Arvida wishlist (hope list) is a DRP and for ASB Securities to add to their Margin Lending list (so I can buy a few more).

Guru

while sum other shares are down today, and sum other companies are reducing their build rates... ARV is increasing their build rates and its share price is heading towards an all time high (being $1.40 - currently at $1.39). Even more surprising when you consider:
    - It is a decent amount above the theoretical ex rights and placement adjusted price of $1.336...
    - I would have thought people would wait a week as this time next week $92m worth of rights issue (ie dirt cheap - $1.15) shares will be on market...
    - $50m of cheap ($1.25), but not quite as cheap as the rights issue shares, have been on market for a few weeks now...

Acquisition must not only be a good one, but a great one.

Looks like things are proceeding in an orderly manner

Arvida Group Limited (NZX:ARV) is pleased to announce the close of its fully
    underwritten 1 for 5.7 pro rata renounceable rights offer announced on 25
    June 2019, with strong shareholder support.

Approximately 69.0 million new shares were taken up by shareholders,
    representing approximately 86.5% of the new shares available under the rights
    offer. This represents gross proceeds of $79.3 million.

The new shares taken up under the rights offer are expected to be allotted on
    22 July 2019.

Shortfall bookbuild
    Approximately 10.8 million shares out of a total rights issue offer size of
    79.8 million shares are available for the shortfall bookbuild component of
    the offer, to be conducted by Forsyth Barr Limited and Jarden Securities
    Limited as Joint Lead Managers. The bookbuild will be conducted today.

Shareholders who did not take up their full entitlements in the rights offer
    will receive a pro rata share of any positive difference between the
    shortfall bookbuild price and the application price for new shares of $1.15
    per new share. There is no guarantee that any value will be received from the
    shortfall bookbuild by eligible shareholders who did not take up their full
    entitlement.