sharetrader
Page 11 of 169 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161111 ... LastLast
    percy

Yes aye,no surprises there!!!

That/those daughter/s still keeping you working.?
    Hells bells the granddaughter's new computer cost me over twice what I paid for mine.!!
    Like you I have put off my retirement for another 35 years.!

percy

Try and get along to the next Ryman agm.
    Held in one of their villages.
    The Chairman put his mother in Ngaio Marsh Village.
    The CFO got to know Ryman through putting his mother in a Ryman home.
    A good number of shareholders attending every agm are village residents, who are both proud of their village,and their shareholding in Ryman.
    My brother-in-law is in the final stages of terminal cancer.Receives free prescriptions,yet the miserable chemist charged him $3 fax fee, as his Dr had faxed it through.!
    Last edited by percy; 04-12-2015 at 10:17 PM.

Guru

Not sure if anyone else noticed 'some action' that occured today, but in a trade at 9:01 this morning close to 1% (0.93%) of the company changed hands (at 0.91 - above market price of 0.90)... will be interesting to see if any SSH notices appear in the coming days as a result...Looking forward to more greenfield developments (which ARV have stated they are looking at)... as you all say, this is where the 'easy money' is

Banned

Righto people! I was having breakfast this morning n read local newspapers regarding one of Arvida's site open home. So I decided to have a visit and check thier site's development.

https://www.nzx.com/companies/ARV/announcements/277863

My General feedbacks:

1. Regarding thier update (refer to above announcement), construction and renovation works are evident. I can confirm there are new service apartments and villas built and ready to be sold And ready to be occupied.
    2. The company is doing a good marketing locally to attract more residents. I can confirm there are quite a good interest with the newly built apartments and villas during my visit.
    3. Regarding thier care focused vision, I went to the rest home and walked around to see the staff and the residents. Guess what? One of the staff turned out to be my tenant wife! I had a good chat with the staff and looked around. There no evident of work pressures, staffs are happy working there. I could see the residents are enjoying thier lunch. Proportion of staff is adequate with the size of the residents.(trust me, my wife work in one of the privately own rest home, u don't believe the workloads they have. Residents are just a number for them)

In a nut shell, I think Arvida is a long term investment. Obviously they need "time" to grow, and definitely more properties to buy and more developments to happen in order to see the share up. Generally speaking, they are not bluffing or lying about the current development on one of thier site. We could probably see this company grow like SUM, MET even RYm but they need "time"

As we all know "time is the best friend of long term investor"

Hope my small and short experience could help and give your general views about Arvida. Please DYOR.

Note: I am am a long term holder. I like to do my own research and share my findings. My findings and feedback could be wrong so please don't sell your house and put all the money in or follow me!
    Last edited by King1212; 13-03-2016 at 02:22 PM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by King1212 View Post
    Righto people! I was having breakfast this morning n read local newspapers regarding one of Arvida's site open home. So I decided to have a visit and check thier site's development.

https://www.nzx.com/companies/ARV/announcements/277863

My General feedbacks:

1. Regarding thier update (refer to above announcement), construction and renovation works are evident. I can confirm there are new service apartments and villas built and ready to be sold And ready to be occupied.
    2. The company is doing a good marketing locally to attract more residents. I can confirm there are quite a good interest with the newly built apartments and villas during my visit.
    3. Regarding thier care focused vision, I went to the rest home and walked around to see the staff and the residents. Guess what? One of the staff turned out to be my tenant wife! I had a good chat with the staff and looked around. There no evident of work pressures, staffs are happy working there. I could see the residents are enjoying thier lunch. Proportion of staff is adequate with the size of the residents.(trust me, my wife work in one of the privately own rest home, u don't believe the workloads they have. Residents are just a number for them)

In a nut shell, I think Arvida is a long term investment. Obviously they need "time" to grow, and definitely more properties to buy and more developments to happen in order to see the share up. Generally speaking, they are not bluffing or lying about the current development on one of thier site. We could probably see this company grow like SUM, MET even RYm but they need "time"

As we all know "time is the best friend of long term investor"

Hope my small and short experience could help and give your general views about Arvida. Please DYOR.

Note: I am am a long term holder. I like to do my own research and share my findings. My findings and feedback could be wrong so please don't sell your house and put all the money in or follow me!
    I appreciate it greatly and do look forward to Arvida both continue to develop as a rest home ("care based") and look forward to them embarking on more brownfield and greenfield based development (both of which the company has mentioned it is interested in and/or currently undertaking). I believe the Browns Bay one is doing very nicely.

Although capital gains growth could be argued to be slower than that of say SUM with ambitious building and sales targets (that they are delivering on... so far), I will continue to enjoy a 5% yield instead.

An immediate concern for ARV, as a stock, is that when the escrows end (which I believe is mid this year?) the market is flooded with "All Black sellers" who just want cash... I am sort of hoping this 'retail stupidity' (fueled by short signed panic), demonstrated very well in PEB a few months back, will happen so I can pick up some cheap shares for myself! (Although unlike PEB, I don't think ARV will increase 57% 4 months!)

Disclosure: I brought at IPO price so I am down a bit capital wise, although a friend of mine brought at 82c in Oct 15, after noticing a few directors continuing to purchase more shares, and has enjoyed over 9% capital gain already, and on track for a 7% yield - unheard of in the retirement sector!
    Last edited by trader_jackson; 13-03-2016 at 02:41 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by trader_jackson View Post
    I appreciate it greatly and do look forward to Arvida both continue to develop as a rest home ("care based") and look forward to them embarking on more brownfield and greenfield based development (both of which the company has mentioned it is interested in and/or currently undertaking). I believe the Browns Bay one is doing very nicely.

Although capital gains growth could be argued to be slower than that of say SUM with ambitious building and sales targets (that they are delivering on... so far), I will continue to enjoy a 5% yield instead.

An immediate concern for ARV, as a stock, is that when the escrows end (which I believe is mid this year?) the market is flooded with "All Black sellers" who just want cash... I am sort of hoping this 'retail stupidity' (fueled by short signed panic), demonstrated very well in PEB a few months back, will happen so I can pick up some cheap shares for myself! (Although unlike PEB, I don't think ARV will increase 57% 4 months!)

Disclosure: I brought at IPO price so I am down a bit capital wise, although a friend of mine brought at 82c in Oct 15, after noticing a few directors continuing to purchase more shares, and has enjoyed over 9% capital gain already, and on track for a 7% yield - unheard of in the retirement sector!

yes, I am aware with all blacks sellers too this mid year. However, If they are smart, they will hold thier shares. Like u said, what retirement sector can give u a high yield like Arvida?
    Last edited by King1212; 13-03-2016 at 02:54 PM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by King1212 View Post
    yes, I am aware with all blacks sellers too this mid year. However, If they are smart, they will hold thier shares. Like u said, what retirement sector can give u a high yield like Arvida?
    "If they are smart"... note the "If"

Guru

Did anyone else notice that there was a trade for just over 3 million shares around mid day today? (I presume at 92 cents but i can't find a record of it...) this is like 1.5% of the company in 1 trade, and far far higher than the average daily traded... and the embargoes haven't expired yet (I don't think)..

Anyone have any ideas?

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by trader_jackson View Post
    did anyone else notice that there was a trade for just over 3 million shares around mid day today? (i presume at 92 cents but i can't find a record of it...) this is like 1.5% of the company in 1 trade, and far far higher than the average daily traded... And the embargoes haven't expired yet (i don't think)..

Anyone have any ideas?
    91 15,754 14:19 SP
    91.5 14,500 13:18 SP
    91.5 250,000 13:17 SP
    91.5 473,575 13:17 SP
    91.5 1,500,000 12:23 sp
    91.5 1,000,000 11:30 sp
    92 110,546 11:23 sp

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by 777 View Post
    91 15,754 14:19 SP
    91.5 14,500 13:18 SP
    91.5 250,000 13:17 SP
    91.5 473,575 13:17 SP
    91.5 1,500,000 12:23 sp
    91.5 1,000,000 11:30 sp
    92 110,546 11:23 sp
    Thank you, for some reason Forsyth didn't show the ones at 91.5...

Will be interesting to see if any SSH notices appear...