sharetrader
Page 61 of 167 FirstFirst ... 115157585960616263646571111161 ... LastLast
    Guru

MET up, OCA and RYM down a fraction of a percent, but yes SUM others have been whacked... but I wouldn't say "every retirement stock being hit" as sum appear to have been hit significantly more than others while the majority of the NZX listed companies are having 'just another day'.

And I wouldn't have thought ARV and SUM were comparable, SUM holders would no doubt be outraged at such a comparison!
    Last edited by trader_jackson; 23-10-2018 at 04:11 PM.

Just the dogs being hit then lol
    https://www.cnbc.com/world/?region=world and Dow futures down 200 points as I type isn't helping. That and ARV has been holding up pretty well in the correction so far.
    I'm thinking you might argue even pedigree dogs must suffer some collateral damage if the market corrects significantly.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Just the dogs being hit then lol
    https://www.cnbc.com/world/?region=world
    and Dow futures down 200 points as I type isn't helping. That and ARV has been holding up pretty well in the correction so far.
    I'm thinking you might argue even pedigree dogs must suffer some collateral damage if the market corrects significantly.

Have to agree with you there... until today ARV was vitually unscathed by this whole 'correction' scary stuff, although I'd argue that is because it was too cheap even at $1.34
    But yes it seems the dogs hit hard today, ARV and SUM down a similar amount, although fairly low volume for both of them, particularly ARV with barely 6 figures worth changing hands.

Guru

No worries, going back up today.
    Some say $1.32 easy by days end.

Maybe this whole share price drop thing was just isolated to sum others afterall

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by trader_jackson View Post
    No worries, going back up today.
    Some say $1.32 easy by days end.

Maybe this whole share price drop thing was just isolated to sum others afterall
    very big hit today so far... some of the elderly/retail holders clearly selling in panic... if I hadn't topped up earlier in the year at $1.19, I'd be tempted to buy more

Management got every incentive to pump the share price up .....somehow

Principal terms The performance share rights are subject to a vesting period from 1 April 2018 to 20 working days after the FY21 annual results are released to the NZX (provisionally 23 June 2021). Vesting is subject to the satisfaction of a total shareholder return hurdle, which is split 50% to an NZ50 performance ranking hurdle and 50% to a peer group ranking hurdle. Upon vesting, each performance share right can be converted into one ordinary share in Arvida on exercise for no cash payment. Further details of the LTI Plan are included within Arvida’s Annual Report.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Management got every incentive to pump the share price up .....somehow

Principal terms The performance share rights are subject to a vesting period from 1 April 2018 to 20 working days after the FY21 annual results are released to the NZX (provisionally 23 June 2021). Vesting is subject to the satisfaction of a total shareholder return hurdle, which is split 50% to an NZ50 performance ranking hurdle and 50% to a peer group ranking hurdle. Upon vesting, each performance share right can be converted into one ordinary share in Arvida on exercise for no cash payment. Further details of the LTI Plan are included within Arvida’s Annual Report.

No wonder the share price has stayed remarkably strong! ARV only down 5% from all time high...
    Then again hasn't changed much since way back in Jan 2017, thats nearly 2 years ago... only the boring stuff like EPS, NTA, development progress, land bank and dividend have increased steadily.

No wonder the share price has stayed remarkably strong! ARV only down 5% from all time high...
    Then again hasn't changed much since way back in Jan 2017, thats nearly 2 years ago... only the boring stuff like EPS, NTA, development progress, land bank and dividend have increased steadily.
    The message to management is that they have to pull finger and get the market excited about them and pump the shareprice like hell .....need lots of hype

Otherwise wont outperform market and peer group ,..equals no bonus

Is a really boring company eh.
    Last edited by winner69; 29-10-2018 at 04:12 PM.

Guru

The message to management is that they have to pull finger and get the market excited about them and pump the shareprice like hell .....need lots of heap

Otherwise wont outperform market and peer group ,..equals no bonus

Is a really boring company eh.
    I thought really boring companies usually deliver good returns over the long run but ARV seems to be proving me/this thinking wrong.

I thought really boring companies usually deliver good returns over the long run but ARV seems to be proving me/this thinking wrong.
    You have to help them out t_j .....do heaps more ramping

Not your normal stuff like ‘it’s cheap’ or snide comments about sum other companies - you need to tell us exciting Arvida specific stuff with what it means in profits etc — quantifiable stuff so we can easily see the potential.

If management not going to do it it’s up to the likes of you to do for it then.

I look forward to it.