sharetrader
Page 73 of 167 FirstFirst ... 236369707172737475767783123 ... LastLast
    percy

Quote Originally Posted by trader_jackson View Post
    Happen to have a look at the NZX website and 52 week returns for the 5 listed operators... Tough time for the listed operators these days it would seem... but I didn't think it would be as varied as it was... a staggering over 33% difference from top to bottom performer, it would seem sum villages are fearing much worse than others... and those with the strongest care offering are fearing the best (sum might say this is a ranking of what people think of each operators care offering).

ARV + 3.91%
    RYM - 1.79%
    OCA - 4.59%
    SUM - 27.51%
    MET - 29.57%

While sum operators are struggling to sell units (so much so sum are halving their build targets), other operators are just coming into their prime it would seem with new units built to double from 101 in 2018 to 200 in 2022... exciting times!
    ...For Arvida at least

In other news, Forsyth put out an update today... target price upped 8% to $1.64... the key driver of this increase was new build activity.

In other news still, I heard a family member of mine say "Arvida has the best care", this was pleasing to hear Arvida really does have a "gold standard" name these days, although certainly isn't priced like the famed (original) "gold standard" RYM
    They did not know I owned shares in the operator (until I immediately told them right after!)
    Good work, enlightening.
    ps Well done holding ARV.

For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Guru

Very unfortunately what has happened here, and I'd like to think things have improved since then
    However, in the defense of Arvida, it had hardly owned this site (under Arvida ownership for less than a year)... and was in the middle of a review when this accident occurred.

Arvida had inherited the inadequate systems and medical assessment methodology from Aria which has been addressed.
    I attended an Arvida presentation at Parklane in ChCh. Richie McCaw and Dan Carter are substantial holders in Arvida, Richie spoke. The CEO of ARV and other senior managers were there. There is a stunning esprit de corps among staff. A lovely relationship between staff and occupants.
    I spoke to a wealthy nearly 90year old I know who is a resident. He was glowing in his assessment and had recently bought more shares. I also topped up after the visit. I see Forsyth Barr's valuation as very conservative. If the Ryman metrics were applied we should be at 2.72
    Great future ahead for all holders.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by WAIKEN View Post
    Arvida had inherited the inadequate systems and medical assessment methodology from Aria which has been addressed.
    I attended an Arvida presentation at Parklane in ChCh. Richie McCaw and Dan Carter are substantial holders in Arvida, Richie spoke. The CEO of ARV and other senior managers were there. There is a stunning esprit de corps among staff. A lovely relationship between staff and occupants.
    I spoke to a wealthy nearly 90year old I know who is a resident. He was glowing in his assessment and had recently bought more shares. I also topped up after the visit. I see Forsyth Barr's valuation as very conservative. If the Ryman metrics were applied we should be at 2.72
    Great future ahead for all holders.
    I think you will find both the afore mentioned AB's were shareholders in the Aria group of retirement homes/villages before the change to Arvida.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by 777 View Post
    I think you will find both the afore mentioned AB's were shareholders in the Aria group of retirement homes/villages before the change to Arvida.
    I dont think the all blacks were part of Aria group but they were certainly part of Arvida group (which, of course was very much Christchurch based). Arvida brought Aria group (3 villages in Auckland) relatively soon after listing (part of that raise was via SPP at 83 cents I think it was)... this was part of Arvidas stratergy to expand into Auckland (I dont think it had any presence in Auckland before that acquisition). the Aria purchase has performed well.

Guru

ARV matching an all time high today ($1.37, and a 1.45c dividend was only paid a few days ago as well)... quite the contrast to the rest of the sector ae?
    Last edited by trader_jackson; 24-06-2019 at 10:53 AM.

ARV matching an all time high today ($1.37, and a 1.45c dividend was only paid a few days ago as well)... quite the contrast to the rest of the sector ae?
    I was weighing up about a month ago selling ARV and dumping more into SUM. Decided to keep the status quo partly because I think SUM may drift a little lower and partly because of ARV's dividend. Ok decision at present but I feel in 5 years time SUM would be a better bet. Who knows I feel like a monkey taping keys hoping Shakespeare comes out soon...

Go The Warriors "This Year!"

Just cracked $1.38! Can the momentum keep going?
    I certainly hope so!

Guru

https://www.nzx.com/announcements/336533

Wow wow! ARV now officially more of a growth story than OCA...