sharetrader
Page 66 of 169 FirstFirst ... 165662636465666768697076116166 ... LastLast

Not sure what you mean by normalized profit Maverick but underlying earnings per share is the standard by which professional investors and analysts compare these retirement companies and ARV looks the least compelling of the options on this basis having earned just 4.32 cps in the latest half, up just 17% hence why I believe they will continue to underperform the sector. Their metrics don't cut the mustard for me. I haven't been a shareholder at any stage and extremely unlikely to be in the future. OCA my preferred stock in this sector and I see no valid reason to take a diversified approach at this stage. If SUM get down to the low $5's it might be worth rechecking my SUM's on that one and getting slightly more diversified again.
    Last edited by Beagle; 28-11-2018 at 08:31 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

…just try’n to manage expectations… Maverick's Avatar

Quite rightly pointed out Beagle- of course. I can get so focused on the numbers I completely miss the correct terminology. I've corrected my post thanks.

I fully agree that OCA is the standout choice of the sector (can`t have too many) but if OCA wasn't there I`d be quite comfortable holding both SUM and ARV for the long term.
    You know the saying , "If Mary leaves the party we will all jump for Joy."
    Last edited by Maverick; 28-11-2018 at 08:49 AM.

I agree 100% mate. I'm sure we agree there's nothing fundamentally wrong with 17% underlying earnings growth on a forward PE of 15, more compelling metrics than RYM for example and it has quite a different business model to SUM so if it wasn't for OCA's compelling investment proposition I'd be happy to own some ARV and be back in SUM already.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Share price in free fall ....might hed to 110/115 to complete a nice cyclical pattern

Did somebody actually look through the half year accounts and worked out whats really going on - reports were rather obtuse.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Share price in free fall ....might hed to 110/115 to complete a nice cyclical pattern

Did somebody actually look through the half year accounts and worked out whats really going on - reports were rather obtuse.
    Ex 1.3c dividend today partial explanation - but 2.7c drop is a bit more than that!

I don't believe one single down day, after a month of holding up reasonably well against it's peers, counts as a 'free fall'.

Especially as noted above it went ex dividend on this one day.

Soory guys for mentioning free fall ....it was when it hit 125 after opening at 130. Did recover a bit ....thats good

Hit a raw nerve did I

But H1 result didn't set up a great H2 result did it
    Last edited by winner69; 11-12-2018 at 05:30 PM.

Guru

Soory guys for mentioning free fall ....it was when it hit 125 after opening at 130. Did recover a bit ....thats good

Hit a raw nerve did I

Ex (juicy) dividend today, so only down a tad really... despite fantastic results, that made even the bigly ryman look average at best, market unconvinced... recent share price performance still better than sum others like Oceania at least

Quote Originally Posted by trader_jackson View Post
    Ex (juicy) dividend today, so only down a tad really... despite fantastic results, that made even the bigly ryman look average at best, market unconvinced... recent share price performance still better than sum others like Oceania at least
    hope you saying those things after the full year announcement

Guru

Hit a raw nerve did I

Hit a nerve - no, you sounded like a news headline!