sharetrader
Page 87 of 169 FirstFirst ... 377783848586878889909197137 ... LastLast
    Guru

got me scared for a moment there, but then I look back today and we are back to $1.51.

still well undervalued as Beagle has pointed out... $1.51 is good, but really should be higher they say.

Guru

Hey winner - share price is $1.54 and suddenly nobody selling till $1.55 - wow that is equal with an all time high

Whats going on? I thought this thing was tanking for fear of results... (instead the opposite seems to be happening?)

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by trader_jackson View Post
    Hey winner - share price is $1.54 and suddenly nobody selling till $1.55 - wow that is equal with an all time high

Whats going on? I thought this thing was tanking for fear of results... (instead the opposite seems to be happening?)
    less than a fortnight on from the above post, and while sum are excited about others moving up in the sector (nice to see!), ARV's share price is at $1.57 - a fresh new record high - and nobody is selling till $1.58.
    So much for the worry about results - share price pushing higher and higher.
    Still a good chunk to go as forsyth say Arvida worth at least $1.74, but $1.57 is alot closer to $1.74 than 6 months ago when the share price was in the mid $1.20's.
    Exciting stuff.
    Last edited by trader_jackson; 13-11-2019 at 02:39 PM.

Veteran novice

But is it specific to ARV? Or just that incoming tide lifting all retirement village boats?

Guru

Underlying EPS of 5.0 cents per share, up 16% on 1H19

Wow wow wow! And while other listed operators are reporting drops in NPAT, ARV's keeps growing. And now they (nearly) have as many facilities accredited as the famed RYM.

https://www.nzx.com/announcements/344511

Forsyth were saying maybe 5% EPS growth (and they have a $1.74 valuation)... ARV have beaten their optimistic (some say) forecast by over 3x... Amazing results for this dog of a company.
    Last edited by trader_jackson; 19-11-2019 at 08:53 AM.

Wow wow wow!

Forsyth were saying maybe 5% EPS growth (and they have a $1.74 valuation)... ARV have beaten their optimistic (some say) forecast by over 3x... Amazing results for this dog of a company.
    Yep Underlying Earnings up 31%

That’s an increase SUMMERESQUE proportions
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Wow wow wow! And while other listed operators are reporting drops in NPAT, ARV's keeps growing. And now they (nearly) have as many facilities accredited as the famed RYM.

You need to stop promoting Forsyth Barr ...Julian won’t appreciate it
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Yep Underlying Earnings up 31%

That’s an increase SUMMERESQUE proportions
    Margins increasing for both resales and new units winner, great stuff. $1.50's is far to cheap for ARV.

Maybe the results today will be enough to silence the dogs?

(The silence on here so far is deafening lol)
    Last edited by trader_jackson; 19-11-2019 at 09:14 AM.

Pretty early in the day at 8.56 a.m. to expect any analysis from this dog. Maybe SUM dog's have enough assets behind them they're quite content to get up when they feel like it

Good that they finally have a result showing it is possible for them to grow eps at double digits, albeit a fairly modest 16%, after many years of single digit underlying eps growth but this does beg the question as to whether the higher growth is just an anomaly ? I do note much higher resales this half so that would have helped but something that could easily not repeat next half.

Of course you would say double digit underlying earnings growth is the start of a new trend, I am sure we'd all expect you to say that...

Stock looks fully priced to me.
    Last edited by Beagle; 19-11-2019 at 09:52 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

CEO, NZ Shareholders Association

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Pretty early in the day at 8.56 a.m. to expect any analysis from this dog. Maybe SUM dog's have enough assets behind them they're quite content to get up when they feel like it

Good that they finally have a result showing it is possible for them to grow eps at double digits, albeit a fairly modest 16%, after many years of single digit underlying eps growth but this does beg the question as to whether the higher growth is just an anomaly ? I do note much higher resales this half so that would have helped but something that could easily not repeat next half.

Of course you would say double digit underlying earnings growth is the start of a new trend, I am sure we'd all expect you to say that...

Stock looks fully priced to me.
    I dunno Beagle, ARV has worked pretty well for me - and my quick assessment shows a bit more upside in ARV over the long term. Great result.
    Together with ATM, today is a very good day for the Cat's portfolio.