sharetrader
Page 29 of 169 FirstFirst ... 192526272829303132333979129 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by trader_jackson View Post
    ARV is probably the least effected listed operator right now due to their (current) focus on brownfield development, their 'needs based' portfolio, and a portfolio which isn't very exposed to Auckland like SUM others . What I think could be a risk (although small) is rising interest rates and how this may negatively effect SUM of those villages with high debt... which is not ARV (who has one of the lowest gearing ratios).

Ironically, on the same day, there was an article which was totally opposite to the doom and gloom above:
    http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/9076...ds-set-to-grow
    When's the takeover going to happen t_j
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Putty View Post
    Hi all,

Pretty new around here, but can someone explain why someone would place a BUY order for 1.480 when there is SELL orders for 1.200?

See attached.

Attachment 8819
    What time was that reading, could be the end of day settlement @ 4.55pm when no trades take place for a few minutes then all are cleared at that price crossing on closing.

Guru

Happens with all stocks during hour before opening and the last 15 minutes of the trading day. Have a look in newbies to see threads that have covered this in detail. All completely normal all bourses.

Look at Aussie market at 6pm NZ time for the same actions.

It might just be the preclose where people put in orders knowing it will go for the match price anyway (129 today). Someone else may be able to explain it better, but it's not unusual at the start and end of the trading day.

As per previous posts - hadn't spotted those before replying...
    Last edited by Elles; 28-04-2017 at 05:53 PM. Reason: other posts already answered

Banned

Result in 2 weeks...last forecast was expecting strong result and on track...good luck guys..better off Arvida than Oceania..I reconk.....

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Have any posters visited ARV's villages?
    Would anyone be prepared to live at Park Lane on Whiteleigh Ave?
    my tenant works at one of the site, bay of plenty....she loves it!! Heap of development in progress. Staffs are happy..that is the main thing...happy staffs happy company...

She said it is a good company to work for. she has worked there for years....

percy

Quote Originally Posted by King1212 View Post
    my tenant works at one of the site, bay of plenty....she loves it!! Heap of development in progress. Staffs are happy..that is the main thing...happy staffs happy company...

She said it is a good company to work for. she has worked there for years....
    Looking through their site I see they have a few nice villages,but also some that are not.
    A lot seem to be very small,ie Maples and Rhodes on Cashmere.
    The Park Lane one is on a busy road,next to AMI Stadium.
    Would be so noisy you would never be able to open a window, or sit outside,and that would also be very stressful.[the noise]
    I have visited all RYM and SUM villages in the South Island,and know a few in the North Island.
    They have scale,which appears to be lacking with ARV.
    Last edited by percy; 12-05-2017 at 08:40 AM.

Guru

I believe results are tomorrow and I will be looking out for a few things (in order of importance):
    - EPS growth of about 12%
    - FY18 Brownfield development
    - Comment (if any) on greenfield opportunities
    - Comment (if any) on other acquisitions
    - Comments on Government review of caregiver wages and how this affects them (and the recent increase in funding of 1.8% ARV was given by the government to help with pay rises - I think)
    - Dividend uplift continuing and/or dividend reinvestment programme and/or dividend payout changes (ie reduction) to help further fund growth (although as conservatively geared could just borrow more)

Banned

Broker target is $1.52...

Quote Originally Posted by King1212 View Post
    Broker target is $1.52...
    In a years time?
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”