sharetrader
Page 35 of 167 FirstFirst ... 253132333435363738394585135 ... LastLast
    Banned

Heavy volume lately on OCA....people is taking it as a new horse in this sector

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Received a bright mailer today from Arvida.
    They are giving "Living Well" presentations, at three of their local villages.
    Prices for their Mayfair village at 104 Wharenui Road,Riccaron, are Independant Villas from $399,000, and Serviced Studio Apartments from $215,000.From the photo the villas look very nice.
    Thanks for sharing percy, a few weeks back I saw a double page colourful flyer in NZ Herald, usually MET or SUM like to put their ones in, but today was ARV's day... I was pleasantly surprised... I know MET and SUM like to show off their run-of-the-mill product, but ARV advertising their new Aria Bay development in Browns Bay, Auckland was a nice twist. No mention of price, but I know they are a premium product... I suppose if you have to ask the price, you probably can't afford it .

Bit of share price weakness very recently, I believe tomorrow is the AGM so could be because of this, or could be due to some switching out to the comparable OCA, probably while it is still trading so cheap, not just compared to ARV, but any other listed company. Results for OCA not far away.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by trader_jackson View Post
    Thanks for sharing percy, a few weeks back I saw a double page colourful flyer in NZ Herald, usually MET or SUM like to put their ones in, but today was ARV's day... I was pleasantly surprised... I know MET and SUM like to show off their run-of-the-mill product, but ARV advertising their new Aria Bay development in Browns Bay, Auckland was a nice twist. No mention of price, but I know they are a premium product... I suppose if you have to ask the price, you probably can't afford it .

Bit of share price weakness very recently, I believe tomorrow is the AGM so could be because of this, or could be due to some switching out to the comparable OCA, probably while it is still trading so cheap, not just compared to ARV, but any other listed company. Results for OCA not far away.
    yes If u look at OCA of 50more facilities then compare it with ARV with half of the facilities then we got OCA around $500ish m cap market VS ARv around $400ish m cap market....

i think people is thinking OCA is far too cheap?

Bloody OCA...otherwise ARV will be the man now in the sector....

Salt are short Arvida according to their latest update.

Just saying
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Salt are short Arvida according to their latest update.

Just saying
    Out of the 4* retirement stocks, doesn't Salt have just the tinniest of tiny short in Arvida?
    Funny because some say ARV (aka "the dog") is the most overvalued of the lot right now...
    Even funnier (and on a slightly different topic) AFR in Australia drew a compression a few months back between OCA amd SUM... yet OCA is way way cheaper.

At the end of the day holders such as myself will enjoy the nice dividend (not peanuts) ARV pays (and likely OCA will pay)... so no worries.

*(we can't count OCA yet, just like ARV wasn't, and, well, still isn't classified by some people as one of the listed retirement stocks)
    Last edited by trader_jackson; 09-07-2017 at 03:42 PM.

Guru

Crazy to think ARV went down to $1.25, shows what a bit of panic can do (caused by ???). Back comfortably into the 1.30's now ($1.33 today)

Seems the 'smart money'* has been taking advantage of the unnecessary price weakness...
    https://www.nzx.com/companies/ARV/announcements/303888

No worries. $1.33 isn't that far off the all time high I suppose... in fact some might even be surprised how we are still in the $1.30's given the likely EPS accretive acquisitions, development pipeline, and unique (niche in some ways) approach of ARV's villages

*Some may not consider Forsyth Barr smart

Quote Originally Posted by trader_jackson View Post
    Crazy to think ARV went down to $1.25, shows what a bit of panic can do (caused by ???). Back comfortably into the 1.30's now ($1.33 today)

Seems the 'smart money'* has been taking advantage of the unnecessary price weakness...
    https://www.nzx.com/companies/ARV/announcements/303888

No worries. $1.33 isn't that far off the all time high I suppose... in fact some might even be surprised how we are still in the $1.30's given the likely EPS accretive acquisitions, development pipeline, and unique (niche in some ways) approach of ARV's villages

*Some may not consider Forsyth Barr smart
    Yes tj I was surprised by the weakness that took them back down but it was short-lived and a good flush out if nothing else!!Often wonder about the origins of some of the doom and gloom media reports and how often scaremongering is often created by the same people who are filling their boots on the back of the panic they created themselves.Arvida have basically been unrewarded for a stellar set of results but the tide seems to be turning after what would have been a very positive Annual Meeting.Did anyone out there go?

Banned

Bloody missed that $1.25...put an order on at 1.27 but cancelled as saw the depth was really scary....no buyers..though boom n gloom really happened on retirement sector...

Quote Originally Posted by King1212 View Post
    Bloody missed that $1.25...put an order on at 1.27 but cancelled as saw the depth was really scary....no buyers..though boom n gloom really happened on retirement sector...
    Yeah I would have been keen to get a few more at those prices too but I`m all in on ARV so no more cash to spare alas!

Quote Originally Posted by Roadrunner View Post
    Yeah I would have been keen to get a few more at those prices too but I`m all in on ARV so no more cash to spare alas!
    Your wish may come true...