sharetrader
Page 41 of 58 FirstFirst ... 3137383940414243444551 ... LastLast
Results 601 to 615 of 864
  1. #601
    Advanced Member
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    2,146

    Default

    MET up, OCA and RYM down a fraction of a percent, but yes SUM others have been whacked... but I wouldn't say "every retirement stock being hit" as sum appear to have been hit significantly more than others while the majority of the NZX listed companies are having 'just another day'.

    And I wouldn't have thought ARV and SUM were comparable, SUM holders would no doubt be outraged at such a comparison!
    Last edited by trader_jackson; 23-10-2018 at 04:11 PM.

  2. #602
    ShareTrader Legend Beagle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    13,712

    Default

    Just the dogs being hit then lol
    https://www.cnbc.com/world/?region=world and Dow futures down 200 points as I type isn't helping. That and ARV has been holding up pretty well in the correction so far.
    I'm thinking you might argue even pedigree dogs must suffer some collateral damage if the market corrects significantly.
    No butts, hold no mutts, (unless they're the furry variety).

  3. #603
    Advanced Member
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    2,146

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Just the dogs being hit then lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    https://www.cnbc.com/world/?region=world
    and Dow futures down 200 points as I type isn't helping. That and ARV has been holding up pretty well in the correction so far.
    I'm thinking you might argue even pedigree dogs must suffer some collateral damage if the market corrects significantly.


    Have to agree with you there... until today ARV was vitually unscathed by this whole 'correction' scary stuff, although I'd argue that is because it was too cheap even at $1.34
    But yes it seems the dogs hit hard today, ARV and SUM down a similar amount, although fairly low volume for both of them, particularly ARV with barely 6 figures worth changing hands.

  4. #604
    Advanced Member
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    2,146

    Default

    No worries, going back up today.
    Some say $1.32 easy by days end.

    Maybe this whole share price drop thing was just isolated to sum others afterall

  5. #605
    Advanced Member
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    2,146

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by trader_jackson View Post
    No worries, going back up today.
    Some say $1.32 easy by days end.

    Maybe this whole share price drop thing was just isolated to sum others afterall
    very big hit today so far... some of the elderly/retail holders clearly selling in panic... if I hadn't topped up earlier in the year at $1.19, I'd be tempted to buy more

  6. #606
    An Awesome Cool Cat winner69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    , , .
    Posts
    24,523

    Default

    Management got every incentive to pump the share price up .....somehow


    Principal terms The performance share rights are subject to a vesting period from 1 April 2018 to 20 working days after the FY21 annual results are released to the NZX (provisionally 23 June 2021). Vesting is subject to the satisfaction of a total shareholder return hurdle, which is split 50% to an NZ50 performance ranking hurdle and 50% to a peer group ranking hurdle. Upon vesting, each performance share right can be converted into one ordinary share in Arvida on exercise for no cash payment. Further details of the LTI Plan are included within Arvida’s Annual Report.
    “In a roaring bull market, knowledge is superfluous and experience is a handicap.”

    –Benjamin Graham”

  7. #607
    Advanced Member
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    2,146

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Management got every incentive to pump the share price up .....somehow
    Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post


    Principal terms The performance share rights are subject to a vesting period from 1 April 2018 to 20 working days after the FY21 annual results are released to the NZX (provisionally 23 June 2021). Vesting is subject to the satisfaction of a total shareholder return hurdle, which is split 50% to an NZ50 performance ranking hurdle and 50% to a peer group ranking hurdle. Upon vesting, each performance share right can be converted into one ordinary share in Arvida on exercise for no cash payment. Further details of the LTI Plan are included within Arvida’s Annual Report.


    No wonder the share price has stayed remarkably strong! ARV only down 5% from all time high...
    Then again hasn't changed much since way back in Jan 2017, thats nearly 2 years ago... only the boring stuff like EPS, NTA, development progress, land bank and dividend have increased steadily.

  8. #608
    An Awesome Cool Cat winner69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    , , .
    Posts
    24,523

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by trader_jackson View Post


    No wonder the share price has stayed remarkably strong! ARV only down 5% from all time high...
    Then again hasn't changed much since way back in Jan 2017, thats nearly 2 years ago... only the boring stuff like EPS, NTA, development progress, land bank and dividend have increased steadily.
    The message to management is that they have to pull finger and get the market excited about them and pump the shareprice like hell .....need lots of hype

    Otherwise wont outperform market and peer group ,..equals no bonus

    Is a really boring company eh.
    Last edited by winner69; 29-10-2018 at 04:12 PM.
    “In a roaring bull market, knowledge is superfluous and experience is a handicap.”

    –Benjamin Graham”

  9. #609
    Advanced Member
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    2,146

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    The message to management is that they have to pull finger and get the market excited about them and pump the shareprice like hell .....need lots of heap

    Otherwise wont outperform market and peer group ,..equals no bonus

    Is a really boring company eh.
    I thought really boring companies usually deliver good returns over the long run but ARV seems to be proving me/this thinking wrong.

  10. #610
    An Awesome Cool Cat winner69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    , , .
    Posts
    24,523

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by trader_jackson View Post
    I thought really boring companies usually deliver good returns over the long run but ARV seems to be proving me/this thinking wrong.
    You have to help them out t_j .....do heaps more ramping

    Not your normal stuff like ‘it’s cheap’ or snide comments about sum other companies - you need to tell us exciting Arvida specific stuff with what it means in profits etc — quantifiable stuff so we can easily see the potential.

    If management not going to do it it’s up to the likes of you to do for it then.

    I look forward to it.
    “In a roaring bull market, knowledge is superfluous and experience is a handicap.”

    –Benjamin Graham”

  11. #611
    ShareTrader Legend Beagle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    13,712

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by trader_jackson View Post
    I thought really boring companies usually deliver good returns over the long run but ARV seems to be proving me/this thinking wrong.
    All of the retirement companies have clearly broken down through their 100 day moving average except OCA. Mr Market seems to like their more needs based late stage care model. Why fight it mate...just come across into the warmth of a comforting uptreand
    No butts, hold no mutts, (unless they're the furry variety).

  12. #612
    An Awesome Cool Cat winner69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    , , .
    Posts
    24,523

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    All of the retirement companies have clearly broken down through their 100 day moving average except OCA. Mr Market seems to like their more needs based late stage care model. Why fight it mate...just come across into the warmth of a comforting uptreand
    Your beloved OCA not far off breaking down the 100MA .....and that line flattening out
    Last edited by winner69; 29-10-2018 at 04:49 PM.
    “In a roaring bull market, knowledge is superfluous and experience is a handicap.”

    –Benjamin Graham”

  13. #613
    ShareTrader Legend Beagle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    13,712

    Default

    ARV still above its 180 day MA unlike SUM, RYM and MET, (these three are in deep doggy doo territory) so maybe hope for T.J. yet ?
    No butts, hold no mutts, (unless they're the furry variety).

  14. #614
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Queenstown, NZ
    Posts
    21

    Default

    Does anyone have any indication when in November ARV will anounce their interim results? Their website just indicates November..

  15. #615
    Guru
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Auckland, , New Zealand.
    Posts
    2,623

    Default

    Look at the date of their last years announcement in November. Usually it will be around the same day.

    Last year was 21st, the previous year 23rd.
    Last edited by 777; 05-11-2018 at 11:02 AM.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •