sharetrader
Page 47 of 167 FirstFirst ... 374344454647484950515797147 ... LastLast
    Guru

https://www.nzx.com/announcements/315395

Pretty nice to see, I thought the share price weakening in recent times was possibly because people weren't sure if they could deliver on a big 2nd half - today's announcement shows they are going to deliver a massive uplift in the 2nd half. I note in the half year presentation they mentioned "Expected new sale settlements of 70 units in 2H18", that language has now changed to "Arvida is on track to settle at least 70 new unit sales during the second half", maybe the market missed it because their share price actually went down slightly (then again, could be the juicy dividend, being paid in just over a week I suppose).

I suppose the proof will be in the pudding (aka when half year results are released in late May)
    You'd think that if sum others can miss their building guidance (or arguably, barely meet it), yet still have a share price jump after results are released, then others who look like they will exceed it, should have a share price skyrocket.
    Last edited by trader_jackson; 12-03-2018 at 03:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by trader_jackson View Post
    https://www.nzx.com/announcements/315395

Pretty nice to see, I thought the share price weakening in recent times was possibly because people weren't sure if they could deliver on a big 2nd half - today's announcement shows they are going to deliver a massive uplift in the 2nd half. I note in the half year presentation they mentioned "Expected new sale settlements of 70 units in 2H18", that language has now changed to "Arvida is on track to settle at least 70 new unit sales during the second half", maybe the market missed it because their share price actually went down slightly (then again, could be the juicy dividend, being paid in just over a week I suppose).

I suppose the proof will be in the pudding (aka when half year results are released in late May)
    You'd think that if sum others can miss their building guidance (or arguably, barely meet it), yet still have a share price jump after results are released, then others who look like they will exceed it, should have a share price skyrocket.
    Need you and lots more to think like that and START BUYING to build some positive momentum

Be continue to be pretty ho hum otherwise
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Need you and lots more to think like that and START BUYING to build some positive momentum

Be continue to be pretty ho hum otherwise
    Hmm yes... as they say, action speaks louder than words
    A shame I already own far to many

Question

Quote Originally Posted by trader_jackson View Post
    Hmm yes... as they say, action speaks louder than words
    A shame I already own far to many
    Newbie observation: This stock seems to be idling despite receiving only positive reinforcement of the current FY plan. Depth shows a huge queue of sellers and not a lot of buyers. I guess everyone is just waiting for the May results?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by thesock View Post
    Newbie observation: This stock seems to be idling despite receiving only positive reinforcement of the current FY plan. Depth shows a huge queue of sellers and not a lot of buyers. I guess everyone is just waiting for the May results?
    Sentiment can be a funny thing - Arvida are developing a record of delivering on what management say which I think ultimately will see the share price perform better. It's always worth remembering it is business performance that drives the share price long term and not the other way around. I've been long for 2 years and have collected 8-9 cents of dividends in that time and await a stronger share price that reflects their execution of business development but we will see I guess.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Arbroath View Post
    Sentiment can be a funny thing - Arvida are developing a record of delivering on what management say which I think ultimately will see the share price perform better. It's always worth remembering it is business performance that drives the share price long term and not the other way around. I've been long for 2 years and have collected 8-9 cents of dividends in that time and await a stronger share price that reflects their execution of business development but we will see I guess.
    Mr Market to busy buying sum other shares, pushing them into "very high territory", arguably at ARV's expense.
    May May results change that.

CEO, NZ Shareholders Association

Arvida's put out their "investor news"...what more do they need to do?
    https://www.nzx.com/announcements/315544

Struggling to work out why the sentiment is against them...even with higher wages, their story still looks like a pretty good one.

mr market will come around mate. great buying at these levels imo. expecting a solid result on the 29th May.

Quote Originally Posted by SylvesterCat View Post
    Arvida's put out their "investor news"...what more do they need to do?
    https://www.nzx.com/announcements/315544

Struggling to work out why the sentiment is against them...even with higher wages, their story still looks like a pretty good one.
    Need Forbar to pump it up again methinks

What do you think the share price should be anyway Sylvester
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Banned

The NTA is basically at the current SP, compared with the likes of SUM who's SP is double it's NTA, looks like good buying at the moment.PS-Would buy some but don't want to dilute my milk holding.