sharetrader
Page 5 of 169 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Don't get too excited TJ these are pure care facilities, you can't compare this company to Ryman and Summerset, no where near the same potential at this point.
    You are correct that you can't compare. But is growth by eps acretive acquisition better or worse than growth by development?

I don't know the answer in this case.
    No advice here. Just banter. DYOR

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by noodles View Post
    You are correct that you can't compare. But is growth by eps acretive acquisition better or worse than growth by development?

I don't know the answer in this case.
    Growth by development is far better due to higher overall profit margins and ongoing resale profits.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by NewGuy View Post
    Exactly. Care and dementia facilities aren't significant money makers compared to ILUs. This is one of the reasons that Summerset's continuum of care is not as exhaustive as some competitors.
    Nice dig there at the end NG

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by NewGuy View Post
    Thanks. Glad to see you don't actually disagree!
    I agree that Sum have smaller care centres than Ryman because thats a known fact but then Ryman have much bigger villages with lots more units to sell aye

just read through IPO prospects, all market updates until recent acquisition of three auckland villages, I do feel this is a promising company with steadily income and a defensive share compare to peers which heavily rely on new development,at 84c i have to say it's not just cheap, it is very cheaper, not expect the share price will boost in short term because escrow will not expire until May 30 2016, but not bother me as i intend to hold longer term, at least the dividend return still a little better than earning interest, do notice someone feeding duck at 84c thats why methinks this puppy could be manipulated, the sp suddenly drop from middle 90s to 85c just before the acquisition announced which new shares issued at 84c.
    Last edited by Master98; 13-07-2015 at 10:37 PM. Reason: spelling

Guru

I have said this for a while, but people are blinded by SUM (and others) and how great the resales etc are... yet ARV is actually much more attractive from a traditional point of view (Forward PE ratio, dividend yield)... ARV are a "new" company, and despite management delivering very good outcomes so far (eg successful village integration and acquisition of a couple of very very high quality villages, as original hinted to in the prospectus and various market updates), people are already writing it off, such as the assumption that they will always be stuck in what is apparently a seemingly extremely low-margin and outdated care based portfolio (even though this is only part of their business)

I would even be tempted to say the ARV will be the best performing retirement stocks on the NZX over the coming year.
    Last edited by trader_jackson; 13-07-2015 at 09:11 PM.

percy

I would recommend you read the link Winner69 posted on Ryman thread.Post 2411.
    RYM and SUM [I don't follow MET] do not need to raise capital to grow,while ARV do.
    Work out why they don't need to raise capital.

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    I would recommend you read the link Winner69 posted on Ryman thread.Post 2411.
    RYM and SUM [I don't follow MET] do not need to raise capital to grow,while ARV do.
    Work out why they don't need to raise capital.
    percy can you tell me how much capital HNZ already raised to grow? raising capital is not a bad thing, is it?

Banned

trader Jackson I'm scratching my head after reading your above post thinking your naievity of the understanding of the whole retirement sector model has blinded you more than the blind you referred to in your post.

Guru

To be honest with you, I am young, I therefore most likely naive... But when you have two well respected institutions taking a substantial holding (Artemis Investment Management, and ANZ New Zealand Investments), and more importantly Paul (a director) buying 82k shares, Peter (a director) buying another 27k shares, and Susan (a director) buying 100k shares... showing 3 separate directors all clearly have immense confidence to 'splash out', some serious money (of there own), most of which has been done recently.

I have yet to see 3 directors of the other companies snapping up the share this fast and in such quick succession...

And are we forgetting the "extremely high margin" 380 apartment units Arvida has?
    Last edited by trader_jackson; 13-07-2015 at 09:39 PM.