sharetrader
Page 50 of 169 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460100150 ... LastLast

topped up at closing as well.

You guys not buying enough ..... got to get some positive momentum going ....soon, or else it will be back to 110 ...or lower
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    You guys not buying enough ..... got to get some positive momentum going ....soon, or else it will be back to 110 ...or lower
    You are so cheeky winner..

As someone new to retirement villages - why do you guys see Arvida as so valuable? Having gone through the reports, it looks like their actual profit is not so high compared to the market cap. A significant amount of the profit is from real estate value changes which skews the PE ratio a little (especially since I imagine that they won't be selling their land anytime soon? Does this raise the cost of apartments that they sell though?).

Additionally, they said that rising employee costs would be an issue through this year.

Also, I might just not know how to read the reports, but I couldn't see any of their income going back into development projects, it looked like it was just funded on loans.

Really interested in responses.

Back to price last seen in November last year

Not surprising
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Hmmm certainly not my best performing share, but pays a pretty good dividend for a retirement stock so I'm happy with that.

Quote Originally Posted by X630 View Post
    As someone new to retirement villages - why do you guys see Arvida as so valuable? Having gone through the reports, it looks like their actual profit is not so high compared to the market cap. A significant amount of the profit is from real estate value changes which skews the PE ratio a little (especially since I imagine that they won't be selling their land anytime soon? Does this raise the cost of apartments that they sell though?).

Additionally, they said that rising employee costs would be an issue through this year.

Also, I might just not know how to read the reports, but I couldn't see any of their income going back into development projects, it looked like it was just funded on loans.

Really interested in responses.
    Welcome to the forum. See my post #482 above but in one sentence I can sum it up as follows. There's plenty to choose from in this sector and others offer far better growth prospects.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Guru

Should be just over a month before the full year result is announced. I'm expecting some good things, but the market doesn't seem to know what to expect - but with a share price barely ever trading at or above $1.20 these days, clearly not expecting much...
    Time for ARV to smash it out the park and surprise again I say

Good to see this one slowly getting some juice in on the way to results. Got worried there for a bit!

We’re hoping to move to an Arvida retirement village very shortly, will have to increase my shareholding in the company.