sharetrader
Page 53 of 167 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763103153 ... LastLast
    Guru

Great result, news of the (extra) special dividend must have leaked yesterday... underlying cps growth of 16% - that is better than ryman, but who cares ARV must still be a dog.

Quote Originally Posted by trader_jackson View Post
    Great result, news of the (extra) special dividend must have leaked yesterday... underlying cps growth of 16% - that is better than ryman, but who cares ARV must still be a dog.
    Thing is tj the underlying profit of $33m is LESS than the $37m they indicated when they made that acquisition and did a capital raise last year. Not good

Is 40% odd more than last year so not too bad
    Last edited by winner69; 29-05-2018 at 08:20 AM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Maybe I should not have been so bullish and excited the last few days ....word on the street wasn’t as reliable as usual

But $1.50 share price still on cards by end of June

A VERY long way short of the $45 - $50m underlying profit doubling from last year. Development margin only 19%. Can't be that good at doing their SUM's can they !
    Outlook comments about costs weighing on the sector...didn't sound all that optimistic did it !
    Yeah... NAH...better off sticking to SUM other company with a much longer track and well proven record of strong growth.

Underlying profit up 43% odd but I'll leave others to work out the lower rate that applies to underlying EPS growth due to the significant share issue during the year.
    Last edited by Beagle; 29-05-2018 at 08:22 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Guru

I, and clearly Mr Market, didn't realize they indicated 37m, in fact the actual consensus was around the 30m mark I thought.

$45-50m underlying would have been wonderful, but we'll have to wait another 9-12 months for this.

Lets see how Mr Market treats this dog today.

Shame they had to pay a special dividend just to get it into the 60-80% payout range, and couldn't re-invest more for growth... wouldn't want to drop below it otherwise the residents, many of whom are also shareholders, would be dumping

…just try’n to manage expectations… Maverick's Avatar

This is a great result, the underlying earnings growth for the last 2 yrs nas been 46% and 43% respectively. I`m not seeing any fancy accounting in there skewing the numbers. The result is just what I would expect from a young retirement village operator with loads of development pipeline. IMO this result is just where it should be ... not too hot or too cold.

Quote Originally Posted by trader_jackson View Post
    I, and clearly Mr Market, didn't realize they indicated 37m, in fact the actual consensus was around the 30m mark I thought.

$45-50m underlying would have been wonderful, but we'll have to wait another 9-12 months for this.

Lets see how Mr Market treats this dog today.

Shame they had to pay a special dividend just to get it into the 60-80% payout range, and couldn't re-invest more for growth... wouldn't want to drop below it otherwise the residents, many of whom are also shareholders, would be dumping
    They are very obtuse when it comes to financials

Not much increase in real profit (NPAT) was there ...in spite of the acquisition

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    They are very obtuse when it comes to financials

Not much increase in real profit (NPAT) was there ...in spite of the acquisition
    No, the real estate valuations clearly slowing things down... no worries bigly increase in operating cash flows... that's what its really all about isn't it? cash is king?

Share price probably never below $1.30 again some say

Share price well into the 130s

Go you little beauty

CEO, NZ Shareholders Association

Fantastic result. One of the reasons I picked ARV was because of their bias towards care revenues rather than property - I thought it would be good in the context of real estate headwinds likely in the near future. I haven't had the chance to look too closely at detail yet, but eh headline highlights for this result seem to bear this out.