sharetrader
Page 58 of 169 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960616268108158 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by trader_jackson View Post
    Hardly any sellers left now - people must be buying what they can while it is still cheap as...

1st quarter dividend (likely to be 10% higher than 1st quarter last year) is also just around the corner (announced this week)

Not far off the all time high of $1.37 - hard to believe that was early June last year, and since then ARV have only gotten bigger and better yet the share price hasn't kept up.
    When it breaks through that 137 mark the share price will just take off

You will be duly rewarded for you patience (and frustration)

Funny gap to HBL not that great now eh
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Looking like its got a pretty shiny coat, could be a show dog candidate
    Disc: Don't own, can't be everywhere, prefer SUM and OCA.
    Last edited by Beagle; 13-08-2018 at 11:54 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

CEO, NZ Shareholders Association

looking pretty strong now...up 3c for the day. That suddenly make sit the 2nd largest in my portfolio, and has just crossed above the "market return" line for me...very happy that there seems to be bit of reward after a long 18 months.

Guru

Forsyth buying even more of ARV today - brought over 3m shares and now own over 8%.
    Not too surprising, probably saw MET's result and realized just how cheap ARV is... no bigly NPAT drops here, no bigly (and probably inaccurate - in a negative way) remedial costs, no bigly catch up in the increasingly important care offering, just sustainable growth + reasonable dividend yield - no wonder ARV is a boring dog.

The resident shareholders (of which there are many) and holders in general will be happy with the Q1 dividend announced today - up over 13% on Q1 last year, despite a lower payout ratio.
    ARV almost as boring as RYM, one of many similar qualities ARV has to ARV - but opposites on the valuation side of things.
    Last edited by trader_jackson; 27-08-2018 at 06:47 PM.

…just try’n to manage expectations… Maverick's Avatar

Last week you could buy ARV for $1.34 or cheaper all day long, since then they've ex-divi and handed out a 1.1 cent dividend (after tax). Today someone can`t get enough at $1.35..... I just don`t get this game sometimes.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick View Post
    Last week you could buy ARV for $1.34 or cheaper all day long, since then they've ex-divi and handed out a 1.1 cent dividend (after tax). Today someone can`t get enough at $1.35..... I just don`t get this game sometimes.
    I don't get why ARV is cheap either.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by trader_jackson View Post
    I don't get why ARV is cheap either.

ARV cheap, no no. Outstanding value, yes. ha ha
    On a slightly serious note though, being stuck with a tag of being a cheap share (as opposed to excellent value), probably doesn't help the share narrative.
    There may be an element of shares (like many purchases) being affected by perception. People just don't have time to make really informed choices, hence the over priced rubbish (referring generally to consumer goods, cars etc) some people buy when there are clearly better value alternatives.
    Last edited by Blue Skies; 11-09-2018 at 06:02 PM.

True enough and ARV may be one of those. If the business is good then the value will eventually come through.
    I couldn't see Warren Buffet buying SUM but he might see ARV as representing good value.

Guru

OCA have had a bit of SP surge recently. I already have a small holding (4% of my share portfolio) in OCA, a larger holding in SUM but nothing invested in ARV. I would like to invest more in one of ARV or OCA but cannot decide between the two. My current preference is to buy a similar size holding in ARV as my holding in OCA.

From ANZ secs:

ARV sp 1.35 nta 1.23 div yield 3.7% p/e 8.76
    OCA sp 1.22 nta 0.88 div yield 3.2% p/e 9.6

Is ARV now better value than OCA. Or has OCA got better growth prospects?

* I would be a long term investor (at least 5+yrs)
    Last edited by Bjauck; 25-09-2018 at 11:38 AM.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    OCA have had a bit of SP surge recently. I already have a small holding (4% of my share portfolio) in OCA, a larger holding in SUM but nothing invested in ARV. I would like to invest more in one of ARV or OCA but cannot decide between the two. My current preference is to buy a similar size holding in ARV as my holding in OCA.

From ANZ secs:

ARV sp 1.35 nta 1.23 div yield 3.7%
    OCA sp 1.22 nta 0.88 div yield 3.2%

Is ARV now better value than OCA. Or has OCA got better growth prospects?

* I would be a long term investor (at least 5+yrs)
    Good question, would also be worth posting this on OCA thread