sharetrader
Page 7 of 169 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by trader_jackson View Post
    Not surprisingly a broker has upgraded its price target on Arvida to $1.14, net dividend yield currently 5.2%.

Clearly brokers aren't always right, but even if they only get to half way to the price target in the next 12 months (from 87c to $1 instead of $1.14)... will still look forward to happy days ahead, and a good interest rate to match

Could even be introduced into the NZX 50 if share price goes up a bit...
    yes solid company with solid income(return) suitable to longer term investors, you will get rewarded.

Dear Trader.Your enthusiasm is noted....However please take note of NG post.
    Have you reflected on the fact that you are (as I am and many others) quite privileged to hear the opinions of many well seasoned SM battlers...I for one quite cherish the wisdom and Knowledge expressed by many posters.

Im a great fan of disclosure...what about you....cheers troy.

....are you an All Black...just asking
    Last edited by troyvdh; 29-07-2015 at 06:21 PM.

Guru

Fair questions raised about my interests and disclosures, and I believe I have disclosed this before, but I do own a couple, being young not exactly a huge amount. I just can't get over the good fundamentals of this company, and yet the market treats it like rubbish (in my opinion).

And also someone has asked me this before but I did not buy in at all because of any all blacks affiliated with it, this had and still has 0% influence on me.

I also appreciate the wisdom etc, as one of the users helped me better understand how retirement villages (those in development/expansion mode) actually work... The thing I find interesting is I still have not been given a reason as to why the share price has dropped from its listing price despite good fundamentals (PE, yield etc) and outlook (overall retirement fundamentals etc)...

Guru

I think he was implying me... always fun to have a bit of banter

Guru

https://www.nzx.com/companies/ARV/announcements/268834

Quarterly dividend payment, equivalent to a nice 4.7% yield, FY2016 to exceed guidance, growth opportunities... sounds all good, and should lead to increased dividend and capital gain. (no mention yet of 'combing/merging' issues regarding accounting systems etc... I assume there were none and its all clear sailing)

Guru

https://www.nzx.com/companies/ARV/announcements/268834

Quarterly dividend payment, equivalent to a nice 4.7% yield, FY2016 to exceed guidance, growth opportunities... sounds all good, and should lead to increased dividend and capital gain. (no mention yet of 'combing/merging' issues regarding accounting systems etc... I assume there were none and its all clear sailing)

Guru

Breif Metrics.JPG
    I hope this is of some use? Based of projections from Forsyth (who have usually been pretty good in the retirement sector)
    I don't believe they are using underlying profit, but net profit instead... What I did see was that ARV's underlying earnings are currently higher than its net profit, and SUM's are not (have not look at the other two)

Guru

I probably am confused.. but:

From ARV:
    - NPAT of $3.1 million, ahead of IPO forecast
    - Underlying Profit of $4.0 million, in line with IPO forecast

I will try find and recreate with underlying earnings (ie profit?)

Guru

Capture.JPG
    ARV still the cheapest?? (forecast to be at least anyway, also MET I have increased the 2015 forecast by 13% to try reflect growth, but it could be less or more, so not that reliable)

$3m was 'unusually low' due to expected merger costs etc, it is forecast to be upwards of $14m next year, making a dividend of $3m per quarter easily possible.
    Last edited by trader_jackson; 21-08-2015 at 04:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NewGuy View Post
    Also, it's impossible for such companies to pay out 90% of profits as dividends as your figures imply unless the plan to fund all future capex from debt, which would be dumb. These figures just don't add up.
    U r dead right.
    actually I heard it said by someone who wud know that a few of the assets vendored in to the float were quote the crappy ones unquote.