sharetrader
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sharesight

Guru

Can back up FIsaver's comments. Have a go with the free trial with a sample of your holding, if it works, load everything in.

IMO

I hated it; and couldn't wait to stop my years sub.Found it not user friendly at all and they quickly tired of my asking for assistance, i am a bit of a technophobe , slow adopter ......so just not for me; looks like others have found it very useful.

Investor

Good site.

Quote Originally Posted by Kwkiwi View Post
    Hi
    I'm thinking of using sharesight to track my share portfolio.
    I just had a few questions:
    How do I go about loading up historical transactions. ie purchases and dividends. I have all the detail in quicken 2006 which is starting to malfunction due to being run on windows xp!
    Does sharesight cover Smartshares etfs and other managed funds like the rabodirect funds.
    What is their help line like, is it all via a forum?
    Is there a video anywhere about getting started?
    I don't mind paying the fees but want to make sure it's the right software for me. thanks
    I ve just started using the full version .I think its good, but find it very slow to respond, compared to the rest of my internet. Is it just me or anyone else find that... like 20 seconds to change pages........
    youtube is good for short tutorials and the QA section is good too.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    I ve just started using the full version .I think its good, but find it very slow to respond, compared to the rest of my internet. Is it just me or anyone else find that... like 20 seconds to change pages........
    youtube is good for short tutorials and the QA section is good too.
    I've not found it to be slow, but then i've only got a couple of years of monthly trades. Maybe the more trades you have the longer it takes?

Thanks ,thats a possibility

Just jumped on sharesight:

We’ve made some changes.

We’ve been busy adding 2 great premium features to our Free plan:

AND
    We’re also introducing a whole new plan; Starter– track up to 20 holdings in 1 portfolio for $15 per month.

Hi I have been using sharesight for about 8months. Really love it. I set up the custom groups. Can someone tell me the ways you can use tags? I can’t get my head around what they are useful for. Many thanks in advance.

Is sharesight membership tax-deductible? Their website makes the comment below. So, if I get dividends from some of my shares, then I am deriving an income and can therefore claim the membership as an expense?

"5. Save money and claim your subscription
    Claim next year’s membership fee on this year’s tax return by upgrading to to a paid plan before EOFY. And as a bonus, when you pre-pay for an annual subscription, you get 1 month FREE!

If you derive income from the sharemarket, your Sharesight subscription may be tax deductible. Check with your accountant for details." SOURCE: https://www.sharesight.com/blog/eofy/

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Jonboyz View Post
    Is sharesight membership tax-deductible? Their website makes the comment below. So, if I get dividends from some of my shares, then I am deriving an income and can therefore claim the membership as an expense?

"5. Save money and claim your subscription
    Claim next year’s membership fee on this year’s tax return by upgrading to to a paid plan before EOFY. And as a bonus, when you pre-pay for an annual subscription, you get 1 month FREE!

If you derive income from the sharemarket, your Sharesight subscription may be tax deductible. Check with your accountant for details." SOURCE: https://www.sharesight.com/blog/eofy/
    Generally any expense that you have that is used to derive income is deductible. Therefore in most cases sharesight would be. Either if you are a trader or an investor. But like they say, go see an accountant.