sharetrader

Thread: Mtfhc

Threaded View

percy

To read the court case judgement go to www.stocknessmonster.com in quick tools type in mtfhc then NZ then news.then go to right hand side of page and click onto 2013 news,then click onto 8th October High Court Judgement and read it for yourself .
    The face value is $1,so you are paying 70 cents for $1.Interest is paid quarterly,next payment is this December.
    The 6.26% is on the face value $1 which works out at 8.94% at 70 cents.
    So are they worth 70 cents [the market says they are],if court case liability is modest, are they worth more,should Heartland Bank take them over are they worth more?
    MTF has strong car dealers who should be trading well.So strong shareholders.
    Should the court case go against MTF and commerce commission sends a strong message to finance companies "that some fees are unreasonable" how much are they worth?
    This is my first bond,it is a perpectual bond so I will follow its progress with ongoing interest payments going into my bank each quarter.So I am very much a learner here.
    My best case objective is they pay me over 12.5% gross on my 68 cents purchase price and are rerated to 75cents or so in the next year.So 10.2% capital appreciation and 9.2 net interest gives me 19.4% return.Should they be rerated to 80cents my total return over a year would be 25%.
    Last edited by percy; 21-10-2014 at 09:50 PM.