sharetrader
Page 220 of 247 FirstFirst ... 120170210216217218219220221222223224230 ... LastLast
Results 2,191 to 2,200 of 2462

Thread: Scales - SCL

Quote Originally Posted by Snow Leopard View Post
    lol some might see it that way
    one step ahead of the herd

Banned

Interesting bull...I was reading recent announcements of companies released last week n this week....I found SCL is in the good position with their apples....

Recent reading said in China...cities are in lock down...most of them buy groceries n food via online and delivered to them.

Also..china said will priority all medical stuffs and food supplies to get in to the communities

Based on SCL announcement, it said e commerce is prefered rather than retail shop.

So the report that I read is spot on with SCL announcement

more balanced global supply situation in 2020 with sales more equally
    focussed between Europe / UK and Asia. Initial shipments to Asia are
    scheduled to arrive in early March, and to China in mid-March.
    o To date there have been no issues with shipping to non-China markets.
    o There appears to be a strong pipeline of sales from the e-commerce channel
    in Asia, balancing out a potential reduction of in store sales.
    o Our dedicated in-house logistics operation and our agents throughout Asia
    remain confident of the actions of authorities to facilitate flow of food
    products in particular."
    Last edited by King1212; 28-02-2020 at 07:39 PM.

Guru

Page 15

https://issuu.com/farmersweeklynz/do...ggestions=true

Page 15 (page 14 if you are into A2)

Banned

well..it is confirmed then...the article that i read on CNN...saying that china authorities will prioritize medical supllies and food supplies. It said on the article too that Online shopping is preferred and it delivered to them outside of apartments or houses then the robot will deliver it to the door to prevent cross contamination.

As of last week, only 60% of Chinas’ trucks were reported as ‘working’ resulting in the build-up at the ports. To help prevent spoilage Maersk is charging a US$1,000 fee on electricity for food containers to encourage shipping companies to keep their ships away from the port until trucks can be found to move the containers inland.

https://www.interest.co.nz/rural-new...ons-are-having
    one step ahead of the herd

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    As of last week, only 60% of Chinas’ trucks were reported as ‘working’ resulting in the build-up at the ports. To help prevent spoilage Maersk is charging a US$1,000 fee on electricity for food containers to encourage shipping companies to keep their ships away from the port until trucks can be found to move the containers inland.

https://www.interest.co.nz/rural-new...ons-are-having
    Only affecting certain ports, and with a lack of plugs at ports for reefers - so surcharge to cover any transshipment to have to put into another port (apparently - but more because they can).

One of our customers ships into with Tianjin (one of the main affected ports). Their agent saying it should clear by start of April - and back shipping again.

I thought think there will be a lot of cheap apples around in NZ this year for shoppers - I've heard of a bumper crop this year - best yet for some orchards. But lack of containers to load into. Pressure starting to come on as merry-go-round of containers around the world is all out of kilter.

But at the same time, Scales has a logistics business, so must have some sort of pull to get an empty......

So - how good have been the analysts in forecasting the performance of this apple and fruit grower?

In February 2019 the SCL share price peaked at $4.79. At that stage the combined mental power of 3 share market analysts forecasted that over the 12 months to February 2020 the SCL shareprice will slightly drop to $4.66 (consensus), i.e. they predicted a roughly 3% share price drop.

SCL actually did drop to $4.69, i.e. the prediction was spot on. This is obviously a PASS.

Looking into the consensus buy recommendation - it was in February 2019 a straight "HOLD"(5/10) - i.e. analysts said that the share will perform same as the NZX. NZX went up by 21% and SCL went down by 2%, i.e. the analysts have been wrong in this regard, most other stocks did much better - a clear "FAIL"

I am doing this exercise as well with other NZX listed stocks - the overview is here:
    https://www.sharetrader.co.nz/showth...arket-analysts

16 stocks checked so far (checking for each consensus and buy recommendation);
    Consensus shareprice forecasts correct: 3/16; analyst hitrate: 18.8%
    Consensus recommendation vs NZX50 correct: 5/16; analyst hitrate: 31.2%
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Trying to be disciplined about not buying anything, but picked up a few more SCL, seems like a nice price.

Veteran novice

Shortage of seasonal labour is a major problem for horticultural businesses. Most of the apples have probably been picked and sorted but doesn't SCL have other crops, eg kiwifruit?

Quote Originally Posted by macduffy View Post
    Shortage of seasonal labour is a major problem for horticultural businesses. Most of the apples have probably been picked and sorted but doesn't SCL have other crops, eg kiwifruit?
    Plenty of redundant staff from the hospitality industry around who could do the job ...
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)