sharetrader
Page 224 of 247 FirstFirst ... 124174214220221222223224225226227228234 ... LastLast
Results 2,231 to 2,240 of 2462

Thread: Scales - SCL

Veteran novice

I wouldn't try to over-think this one. We have a strong equities market, low interest rates and plenty of cash looking for a home. A good, steady stock like SCL fits the bill here. I wouldn't be surprised to see it trade firmly to higher in these conditions.

keeps edging up - there went my idea of accumulating sub $5 this quarter... I guess the constant talk up of primary sector post COVID helps SCL

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by MarineSalvage View Post
    keeps edging up - there went my idea of accumulating sub $5 this quarter... I guess the constant talk up of primary sector post COVID helps SCL
    We just have to hope that COVID-19 is not going to disrupt our markets to much and that prices remain firm.
    Hong Kong and our response may be an issue with China, not sure how many Apples go there.

update.....
    " In particular, our presence in China grew strongly during 2019, with sales to China representing 17 per cent of Mr Apple’s export
    volumes (2018: 10 per cent). The strong growth reflects multiple factors including our ongoing in-market efforts, support from our
    cornerstone shareholder China Resources Ng Fung, increased participation in the market by PCNZ and a smaller domestic crop in
    China. As a result of the last factor, we expect that China will represent a smaller percentage of sales in 2020."

From annual report
    Last edited by RTM; 10-07-2020 at 12:56 PM.

Investor / Wizard / Mall Santa Pricey's Avatar

Having China Resources Ng Fung on board will be invaluable in trying to navigate the Chinese market at the moment. I'm somewhat excited about how SCL will spend their cash from Polarcold. Hopefully they can pick up a good company on the cheap and it will be interesting to see whether it is in the logistics or pet ingredients business. My bet would be on the latter.
    "His loyalty couldn't be bought at any price; but it could be rented remarkably cheaply."

Potentially a meat or seafood play? considering current rampant demand for both in China

Guru

Potentially a meat or seafood play? considering current rampant demand for both in China
    Meateor products can't go to China (currently) as rules around importing of inedible products. New export regs are in progress but have been for the last 18 months and still not through. Question would be of how much would go into China, as much of Meateor product will be exported to US manufacturers for the finished product to go to China - as (some) Chinese don't trust domestic production.

Wouldn't see a meat "play" as just gone into a JV with Alliance and would be detrimental to their raw material supply for Meateor.

up to 5.07... when is level broken??
    the longer it stays above $5 , then market has accepted the higher pricing level
    one step ahead of the herd

Kiwifruit play?

Investor / Wizard / Mall Santa Pricey's Avatar

I think it will be food ingredients. Seems to fit with their recent acquisition of Shelby and JV with Alliance and goal of the food ingredient division becoming a $25m EBTIDA division. They must be getting close to something now ...

Very pleased with the price increase especially given the divvy has been banked!
    "His loyalty couldn't be bought at any price; but it could be rented remarkably cheaply."

Ingredients is always ripe for expansion... especially functional ones with some IP - have SCL been involved with MBIEs High Value Nutrition programmes?