sharetrader
Page 196 of 247 FirstFirst ... 96146186192193194195196197198199200206246 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,960 of 2462

Thread: Scales - SCL

Banned

Well done to holders, but at it's current PE I wouldn't touch it with a barge poll, no margin of safety at current prices. PS-Had a passing thought about collecting the 9c Jan divvy when it was $4.30 ish but yeah nah, not now.

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Well done to holders, but at it's current PE I wouldn't touch it with a barge poll, no margin of safety at current prices. PS-Had a passing thought about collecting the 9c Jan divvy when it was $4.30 ish but yeah nah, not now.
    you shouldnt be looking at current pe , it is irrellevant , if you wish to use this metric use one for future years which if its a growth company ( like scales ) will be substantially less , gootaa remeber your buying future earnings.
    in fact dear i say scales is a better prospect than your spark as far as divs go as in future divs from scales could be substantailly higher than spark ue to the fact ones a growth company the other struggling to maintain equilibrium.
    one step ahead of the herd

https://www.investopedia.com/terms/f/forwardpe.asp

explains why you should use forward pe , not current pe

Veteran novice

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    https://www.investopedia.com/terms/f/forwardpe.asp

explains why you should use forward pe , not current pe
    True enough. The tricky part is estimating forward earnings.

Quote Originally Posted by macduffy View Post
    True enough. The tricky part is estimating forward earnings.

agree , generally asumptions could be made on past growth rates , forward looking assumptions on demand and world growth , stock markets , aquisitions , etc etc anyway shouldnt use it in isolation.

Close at 477 eh bull ....ALL TIME RECORD HIGH

Amazing the lack of excitment on this thread eh ...the previous cheerleaders got off the bus just as it sped up.

Still a fair way to go I reckon .....even if it there isn't any corporate activity in the wind.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Still reckon 511/568 is fair range
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    you shouldnt be looking at current pe , it is irrellevant , if you wish to use this metric use one for future years which if its a growth company ( like scales ) will be substantially less , gootaa remeber your buying future earnings.
    in fact dear i say scales is a better prospect than your spark as far as divs go as in future divs from scales could be substantailly higher than spark ue to the fact ones a growth company the other struggling to maintain equilibrium.
    PE thoughts aside, SCL has a lot more risk than SPK which acts more like a hedge fund, the dividend would need a huge kick in the pants to get near SPK( Nearly double based on current SP) I don't want all my money in what I consider high risk stocks ie currency/weather/various fruit diseases/certain insect risks etc

Veteran novice

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Close at 477 eh bull ....ALL TIME RECORD HIGH

Amazing the lack of excitment on this thread eh ...the previous cheerleaders got off the bus just as it sped up.

Still a fair way to go I reckon .....even if it there isn't any corporate activity in the wind.
    Still here, winner. Just wondering how much more juice can be squeezed out of the humble apple. (Yes, there are other ingredients in the pie but apple is the main one!)

IMO

Oh my golly this is about the third stock i hold at new highs atm . Having a G&T for this new norm. How many times have i thought, time to sell lol.