sharetrader
Page 209 of 247 FirstFirst ... 109159199205206207208209210211212213219 ... LastLast
Results 2,081 to 2,090 of 2462

Thread: Scales - SCL

percy

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    mentioned quite a while back that scales was looking at getting into petfood and they have now confirmed the move

SCALES CORPORATION ACQUIRES 60% OF US PETFOOD INGREDIENTS MANUFACTURER SHELBY JV LLC FOR US$23.2M

https://www.nzx.com/announcements/328316

take time to see if they can replace the earnings from the cold store division guess thats why the share price has been falling to reflect the loss of that division and no replacement for the earnings yet
    A very clever acquisition in a sector they know, and the margins are a great deal higher than coolstores.

Great acquisition. EBO and Scales both in petfood. Good market

Advanced Member

mentioned quite a while back that scales was looking at getting into petfood and they have now confirmed the move

SCALES CORPORATION ACQUIRES 60% OF US PETFOOD INGREDIENTS MANUFACTURER SHELBY JV LLC FOR US$23.2M

https://www.nzx.com/announcements/328316

take time to see if they can replace the earnings from the cold store division guess thats why the share price has been falling to reflect the loss of that division and no replacement for the earnings yet

Great to hear this, should be good for SP, plenty of growth & profit in this sector.

Currently SCL is now in a downtrend, isn't it? (I'm not that great at TA!) With a death cross occurring a few days ago.

Disc: Not a holder but looking for a potential entry point

Quote Originally Posted by oldtech View Post
    Currently SCL is now in a downtrend, isn't it? (I'm not that great at TA!) With a death cross occurring a few days ago.

Disc: Not a holder but looking for a potential entry point
    chart broke down from a range between 4.50 - 5 implies 3.95 - 4 as a target , long term looks fine at the moment but depends on harvesting. need to remember stocks like scales , seeka , comvita etc will cycle depending on how good there harvests will be.
    one step ahead of the herd

percy

chart broke down from a range between 4.50 - 5 implies 3.95 - 4 as a target , long term looks fine at the moment but depends on harvesting. need to remember stocks like scales , seeka , comvita etc will cycle depending on how good there harvests will be.
    Also remember a weak or weaken NZ $ works in their favour.

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Also remember a weak or weaken NZ $ works in their favour.
    true at the moment. looking ahead im thinking ( guessing ) a weakening us dollar next yr would mean nzd above 70c again
    one step ahead of the herd

percy

true at the moment. looking ahead im thinking ( guessing ) a weakening us dollar next yr would mean nzd above 70c again
    I hope you are wrong [ but doubt that you are], as I have a rather large position in a NZ exporter...lol.

Thank you both bull.... and percy

Guru

Interesting - this was different to the purchase I'd heard rumoured.

I wonder how much of it is in response to the likes of BHJ becoming more active in their patch in NZ (ie buying Wanganui coldstores). Good opportunity to bolt some lamb/beef/venison on to other species, and use their logistics/sales networks.