sharetrader
Page 101 of 247 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111151201 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 2462

Thread: Scales - SCL

On my rounds and just a little behind..

CR velly happy having turned $56M into $63M (and counting......) in the space of 7 days (2 days if you get strict on the possession date).
    Can't help consider this against Rod Duke's large shareholding (attempted takeover) at KMD in terms of timing and execution. Of course, KMD may still be in play (who knows) but Rod should've been prepared to pay a bit more esp. now that KMD seem to be OK and on target? Easy for me to say though.

I will just hold on to my original parcel, not going to top up. Heaps of cash looking for a home.

Investor

Quote Originally Posted by Raz View Post
    I will just hold on to my original parcel, not going to top up. Heaps of cash looking for a home.
    Likewise, holding onto my original parcel which sits on over 100% gain, don't wanna rattle the cage too much at this stage. Have a price target in mind which if it hits might look to take profit.

Sitting on bit of cash from offloading of AIR and looking at few options currently if they hit my price range.

Advanced Member

Hope they purchased them odd SCL.....

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/ar...ectid=11611218

Is it possible for you to copy the article here as it is behind a paywall.

Thanks

We didn't get to $3 by Easter but pretty close

However was still a good week

No reason why next week shouldn't be just as positive

Onward and upward
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Thumbs up I may hold the balance of power here

Quote Originally Posted by 0verdose View Post
    Is it possible for you to copy the article here as it is behind a paywall.

Thanks
    The Overseas Investment Office is having trouble deciding how much of Scales is already owned by overseas interests.

For example is a Tiger with a New Zealand Passport but who lives in Malaysia an overseas interest or not?

So once they have decided that, then they work out whether they can just green light this buy or whether the decision needs to be kicked down the road a little further.

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger

PS Nice ramping from winner69
    om mani peme hum

Looks just procedural to me. Need to assess if total overseas interests now exceed 25%, on ther official register about 20% incl this transaction and they need to see if more than another 5% is already held in nominee accounts therefore OIO need to weigh up the different types of tiger's on board and for their assistance I kindly provide the following helpful information..the golden tigers at the bottom look pretty flash eh PT ! http://www.lions.org/types-of-tigers.html
    Last edited by Beagle; 26-03-2016 at 02:20 PM.

Methinks the secret is out....I have cash burning a hold in my management account so I think I am going to buy into SCL. Fits my metrics except for a couple of measures I haven't reviewed yet.

For the reasons I didn't buy into Pumpkin Patch a couple of years ago are the reasons that I am keen on SCL (what I see on the ground in the international market).

Everywhere I look here in a small (not Dubai) Middle Eastern Country, there are NZ apples to be bought, sometimes, the labelling is wrong, but that is to be expected occasionally, overall the apples are predominant and they make up our household staple. French apples are also nice especially the Ambrosia (maybe on the shelf once per year, but it seems the NZ presentation is always good and the condition is generally good (although I hate getting apples that are heavily waxed). Over the past six years the presence of NZ apples has increased drastically and in my local supermarket (Carrefour) they are probably about 25% of the apple choice.

When I was tossing up a buy of MHI vs PPL, all I saw here were trashy, messy, overcrowded PPL shops - I didn't buy and thank goodness.

Must note that I am interested in the annual report's reference to Food Ingredients as I haven't figured out the link to petfood yet!

And don't worry, my buy won't really impact the price and it amazes me that I have missed this share previously!