sharetrader
Page 109 of 247 FirstFirst ... 95999105106107108109110111112113119159209 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,090 of 2462

Thread: Scales - SCL

Investor

I'm not adding any more, happy with original holding and play the waiting game now.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by sb9 View Post
    I'm not adding any more, happy with original holding and play the waiting game now.
    Yeah, looks like the shine has come off this little apple. Might need a bit more Chinese spit and polish. Been thinking of buying a few for the last couple of months, but was a bit scared. Might try and get some at 2.50 to 2.60 if it ever gets back there.

Quote Originally Posted by see weed View Post
    Yeah, looks like the shine has come off this little apple. Might need a bit more Chinese spit and polish. Been thinking of buying a few for the last couple of months, but was a bit scared. Might try and get some at 2.50 to 2.60 if it ever gets back there.
    Probably will now that I have bought in!

Quote Originally Posted by see weed View Post
    Bit of profit taking which is to be expected. My base case is if the Chinese are prepared to pay $2.60 then their significant extra distribution channels add value of top of that and with the possibility of a full takeover I'd be surprised if it went below a 10% premium to what they paid, ($2.86). Good luck trying to get some at $2.60 mate, I'll be ahead of you in the queue at that price

Roger keeps reminding us that 'interest rates heading to 100 year lows' and the masses are giving up on 3% (2% after tax) term deposits and moving into high yielding shares

Almost a case to throw out all old fashioned equity valuation methods and value shares as if they were a bond - maybe with a bit of a risk premium over bank deposit rates and say 4% after tax is very attractive.

Scales on that basis would be valued at $5.00

Whatever - heaps more than what it is at the moment.

S
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Handsome Member

Good for exporters of wine, apples and kiwi fruit

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=11620155

Strong demand from around the world, high packout rate (export content), huge crop, low Kiwi dollar...no wonder the Chinese bought in !! Guess those coolstores will be in huge demand too.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Strong demand from around the world, high packout rate (export content), huge crop, low Kiwi dollar...no wonder the Chinese bought in !! Guess those coolstores will be in huge demand too.
    So $4 beckons and if priced like a bond in these times of 'century low interest rates' that $5 I mentioned is a possibilty
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Just scored the ONLY NZ apples in my wee local supermarket. Priced at the equivalent of NZD4.66 per/kg, shelf labeled as US Red Delicious and not much bigger than an egg! At least they are reaching the local back streets here. As a shareholder (now), I did indicate to the bloke (probably badly paid from Bangladesh) loading the shelves that it wasn't correctly labelled. Bless the bloke, he sorted it all out for us!!! Now we are all better off!Attachment 7968

Had a look at the new Polarcold store in Wiri yesterday, lots of activity with trucks coming and going, product must be moving.
    Disc: happy holder