sharetrader
Page 110 of 247 FirstFirst ... 1060100106107108109110111112113114120160210 ... LastLast
Results 1,091 to 1,100 of 2462

Thread: Scales - SCL

cold storage was always the most appealing thing about this companies growth prospects
    one step ahead of the herd

Veteran novice

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    cold storage was always the most appealing thing about this companies growth prospects
    That's what I first liked about SCL too, bull. Apple crops and prices will rise and fall but the demand for cold storage should be more consistent being spread across a number of products and customers. At least, that's my theory!

On my rounds and just a little behind..

Quote Originally Posted by macduffy View Post
    That's what I first liked about SCL too, bull. Apple crops and prices will rise and fall but the demand for cold storage should be more consistent being spread across a number of products and customers. At least, that's my theory!

Agree, even the mafia need cool stores...........now that's some diversification for ya.

Dilettante

SP back up to 3.10+, good volume too. Got to love these boring stocks...

Ignorant. Just ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    Yep. Making money selling your own apples, then clipping the ticket on other peoples Apple sales. Just what the doctor ordered.

Partly agricultural, partly a rural infrastructure play - equivalent to Infratil

Investor

Current market depth looks pretty ominous...next seller at 3.19, might see that $4 soonish, eh winner?

Quote Originally Posted by GTM 3442 View Post
    Yep. Making money selling your own apples, then clipping the ticket on other peoples Apple sales. Just what the doctor ordered.

Partly agricultural, partly a rural infrastructure play - equivalent to Infratil
    Yeap, over $80m in revenue attributed to services to other companies...that part of the annual report really surprised me. Almost like the company needs different PE's for different parts of the business with a much higher one attributed to coolstores, freight and logistics, pet food liquid storage e.t.c.

I think the thing that really fired the market up today and quite correctly too is that the Hawkes Bay has had quite a good number of superb growing seasons now so maybe its the new norm. Also with demand for apples becoming more geographically spread throughout the world prices look like being well bid for the foreseeable future. Disc: Bought more this morning.

Veteran novice

I think the thing that really fired the market up today and quite correctly too is that the Hawkes Bay has had quite a good number of superb growing seasons now so maybe its the new norm
    .... and not the biblical seven good years followed by .........

But that's just the pessimistic side of me showing.

Instead

Banned

I never hop back on a horse once it's bolted having dismounted too early unless the horse comes back to where I hopped off it, but at $2.52 methinks the horse may need to break it's leg for that to happen. Just as well there's always another mount somewhere else aye. PS-A hailstorm of biblical proportions would do instead of a broken leg.
    Last edited by couta1; 12-04-2016 at 08:35 PM.