sharetrader
Page 123 of 247 FirstFirst ... 2373113119120121122123124125126127133173223 ... LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,230 of 2462

Thread: Scales - SCL

Quote Originally Posted by 777 View Post
    So are you suggesting another company to foreign ownership?
    Maybe not the best for the country if it happens but would be a good outcome for shareholders

After all our Super Fund has already sold most of their shares to the Chinese
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Scales up 30% since the Chinese bought in 3 months ago - that's pretty healthy

More good news at this weeks ASM? Wouldn't be surprised if we hear about better than expected F16 and F17 not looking pretty good as well.

My modelling shows that under some scenarios (and not that aggressive) the share price could be $4.85 this time next year. That's only 40% - not much more than what one would expect as a minimum anyway

And lurking is a real possibility of a rerating by the market (higher PE) and even a full takeover at a decent premium
    All recent press releases on the sector look extremely encouraging. No question this is a very high quality company with sound growth prospects and still trading on compelling metrics. ASM update this week should add impetus for a further rerating and probably inclusion in the NZX50 later this month some genuine new buying pressure too and as you suggest our Chinese friends have deep pockets so a full takeover certainly cannot be ruled out at some stage in the future. (Disc My #1 portfolio position, looking to buy more. Not to be considered professional advice or a recommendation DYOR)
    Last edited by Beagle; 06-06-2016 at 09:52 PM.

Investor

1 11 11:11:00 am 343 400,000 $1,372,000 Off Market

Someone is happy to accumulate at top end price for the day being the day of ASM.

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Talking Pulse not racing

The slides & text for the ASM are out: https://nzx.com/companies/SCL/announcements/283687

I gain the impression that this year is not going to be materially better than the last but there is no mention of pricing so maybe/maybe not.

We will have to see what those who attended have to say about the tea & sandwiches as well as the 'boring' stuff.

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    om mani peme hum

Investor

Quote Originally Posted by Paper Tiger View Post
    The slides & text for the ASM are out: https://nzx.com/companies/SCL/announcements/283687

I gain the impression that this year is not going to be materially better than the last but there is no mention of pricing so maybe/maybe not.
    Seems Mr Market agrees with your view thus far, real action will be tomorrow me thinks once analysts have done their calculations...

I think if you read the presentation you get quite a good idea how the company will be doing this year. Apple volume up slightly and prices close to what was achieved last year so far on average. Packout rates up a fraction. There where some investments made in previous years which did not enjoy an full year return in 2015 so that will be a plus for 2016. Last year was exceptional good so a small inprovement on 2015 is a positive in my view. SCL has good future growth potential but the majority is likely to add to the bodem line in later years.

Smile Further Information Request - Please

...We will have to see what those who attended have to say about the tea & sandwiches as well as the 'boring' stuff...
    Quote Originally Posted by forest View Post
    ... SCL has good future growth potential but the majority is likely to add to the bodem line in later years.
    So is that supposed to be bottom line or boredem line?

And what did you make of Mr Weiyong Wang?

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    om mani peme hum

IMO

I can only speak one language;i have envy and appreciation of others who speak and think in more than one language and acceptance if they occasionally mix the languages together.
    Question: If you speak/write in another language but think in your mother tongue do you kinda create a whole newmindspeak?

Unhappy I don't speak any languages

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    I can only speak one language;i have envy and appreciation of others who speak and think in more than one language and acceptance if they occasionally mix the languages together.
    Question: If you speak/write in another language but think in your mother tongue do you kinda create a whole newmindspeak?
    What? That's all Dutch to me!

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    om mani peme hum

So is that supposed to be bottom line or boredem line?

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    We must have gone to different schools Tiger, bottom sounds good .