sharetrader
Page 134 of 247 FirstFirst ... 3484124130131132133134135136137138144184234 ... LastLast
Results 1,331 to 1,340 of 2462

Thread: Scales - SCL

Plenty of juice to come too...volume on the buy side building nicely, first time I've seen that for quite a while.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Plenty of juice to come too...volume on the buy side building nicely, first time I've seen that for quite a while.
    Will get some when the dust settles.

Plenty about apples (and kiwifruit and honey) in this Westpac report

http://www.westpac.co.nz/assets/Busi...-July-2016.pdf
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by see weed View Post
    Will get some when the dust settles.
    Dust has settled, SP back from $3.40 not so long ago, compelling value and strong growth here mate.

Dust has settled, SP back from $3.40 not so long ago, compelling value and strong growth here mate.

Strong growth? Do you mean in the shareprice back to $3.40, or in the company overall? I like this company, don't get me wrong, but having a look through their latest report I'm struggling to see where "strong growth" is coming from. Apple trees don't grow overnight. Are they buying up orchards and/or other companies, or pulling more growers into their fold??? How are they planning to continue their recent growth rates? Report seemed a bit lite on that front.

Potential growth, certainly. Strong growth? Dunno. This year's bumper crop could be next year's poor crop and then what?????

Disc. not sure whether to invest in apples or stick to my ghost bananas.

Looking a bit more positive

Seems to have a good day all round for those hunting for value
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Monkey View Post
    Strong growth? Do you mean in the shareprice back to $3.40, or in the company overall? I like this company, don't get me wrong, but having a look through their latest report I'm struggling to see where "strong growth" is coming from. Apple trees don't grow overnight. Are they buying up orchards and/or other companies, or pulling more growers into their fold??? How are they planning to continue their recent growth rates? Report seemed a bit lite on that front.

Potential growth, certainly. Strong growth? Dunno. This year's bumper crop could be next year's poor crop and then what?????

Both...you must have read a different report than I did...just read the introduction section and that sets the platform for the rest of the report. Growth mentioned countless times.
    http://scalescorporation.co.nz/wp-co...ual-Report.pdf
    Since then we have the new Chinese part owner who will be assisting with distribution into China. If you can't see the growth to come with this company then I wish you all the best with your ghost banana's
    Last edited by Beagle; 28-07-2016 at 09:12 PM.

Investor / Wizard / Mall Santa Pricey's Avatar

The company. Have a look over the last couple of annual reports and you'll easily discover its growth prospects.

Its horticulture division has substantially increased its total planted orchard area and undertaken a large orchard replanting and re-grafting programme over the last couple of years. While this had the effect of reducing production in the initial years, the number of mature hectares is now expected to increase each year until 2021. The replanting has also been to varieties which command a premium in Asia. This coupled with stellar growing conditions, the reserves banks desire to push the NZD lower, a "new" cornerstone shareholder (a major Chinese food distributor with access to over 3,000 supermarkets), not to mention its other divisions, means I just had to buy more yesterday
    "His loyalty couldn't be bought at any price; but it could be rented remarkably cheaply."

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Thumbs up Happy hour again

There was one 'strong growth' and one 'very strong growth' but both are in an historical context and as we should all know "past performance is not a guarantee of future returns".

The countless times that growth is mentioned is actually 26, including the two above. Some people are given to hyperbole when they run out of fingers and toes.

You are right to be cautious.

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger

Disc: SCL is my second largest holding on the NZX
    om mani peme hum

What I see is a little hyped and conflicted market, been a long term hold for me however have started to add an additional trading parcel to my portfolio since april as clear market conditions have developed ideal to trade.