sharetrader
Page 14 of 247 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464114 ... LastLast

Thread: Scales - SCL

Like how this one is shaping up and agree an excellent Annual Report, knew I should have bought some more last week......

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    And so the upward trajectory continues.Up another 2 cents to $1.60.
    I read the annual report over the weekend.Appears to be a very well managed,soundly based business with good growth prospects.
    Agreed. I took a modest opening position at the IPO price today. I reckon now the FF thing is all but done and dusted the stock has materially de-risked from where it was a month or so ago and on a risk reward basis is probably better buying now than it was in the low 150's when there was material risk of a major catastrophe with the fruit fly issue. I hope me coming on board isn't the precursor to them finding more fruit fly's

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Agreed. I took a modest opening position at the IPO price today. I reckon now the FF thing is all but done and dusted the stock has materially de-risked from where it was a month or so ago and on a risk reward basis is probably better buying now than it was in the low 150's when there was material risk of a major catastrophe with the fruit fly issue. I hope me coming on board isn't the precursor to them finding more fruit fly's
    I take great comfort in knowing a couple of my most respected ST'ers (yourself and Percy) are shareholders.
    No advice here. Just banter. DYOR

Investor

Quote Originally Posted by noodles View Post
    I take great comfort in knowing a couple of my most respected ST'ers (yourself and Percy) are shareholders.
    Couldn't agree more on that. Looks like First NZ also like them very much.

percy

First of all Joshuatree I hope you are well.
    Remember an apple a day ........... !
    The SCL annual report had some very interesting reading about land use in NZ;
    pg 13 ,"Most of our land is set aside for agriculture production.""This land is used to generate more than $29 billion in Food and Beverage exports;representing 58% of all merchandise trade."
    "But compared to our climate peers,our land is relatively unproductive.Small changes in productivity have scope to drive substantial increases in export revenues.
    Scales.pg21.Orchard redevelopment and Apple Volumes;
    "Over the past 7 years a SIGNIFCANT investment in orchard redevelopment has been made that,by 2018,is expected to result in Mr Apple growing and exporting a further 450,000+ TCEs of premium apples [or 43% increase on current premium volumes] WITHOUT any additional orchard investment.These varieties sold for prices that,on average,were 30% greater than traditional varieties in 2014."
    Great stuff!!!!!
    Disclosure.Thank you Noodles for bringing SCL and SEK to my attention.

Thanks to Noodles from me too. Thing is with apples there's no substitute product that's anywhere near as good and I'm a really strong believer in the apple a day keeps the doctor away and am absolutely addicted to having a lovely juicy fresh apple every day. It was a real shock late January / early February this year when apples were basically unavailable in Auckland for a couple of weeks. It really underscored to me how much I've come to love my favourite fruit and two weeks going without was bloody tough.

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Cool Double, double, no toil, no trouble

Quote Originally Posted by Paper Tiger View Post
    I own a few of these...
    And I finished doubling up from my initial holding today.

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    om mani peme hum

Membaa

Banned

[QUOTE=Roger;566853]Agreed. I took a modest opening position at the IPO price today.

Good to see on board mate. Happy landing!!

[QUOTE=gv1;566926]
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Agreed. I took a modest opening position at the IPO price today.

Good to see on board mate. Happy landing!!
    Thanks mate. You know you're addicted to a good apple when you run out and the local "Supervalue" "supermarket" just up the road is selling premium Rose apples at this time of year for $6.99 a kilo but you buy them anyway
    If silly Kiwi's can be fooled into paying silly prices surely plenty of those apples will find will willing buyers overseas.