sharetrader
Page 140 of 247 FirstFirst ... 4090130136137138139140141142143144150190240 ... LastLast
Results 1,391 to 1,400 of 2462

Thread: Scales - SCL

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Thumbs down Not the greatest of Durian seasons so far. Nangka maybe a little better

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Go to a place like Thailand and see the amazing range of added value products they create from their fruits. As you are obviously familiar with that part of the world, there's no need for me to elaborate...
    Trouble with you not elaborating is that we, including me, have to try and guess what it is you might not be elaborating about.

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    om mani peme hum

Quote Originally Posted by Paper Tiger View Post
    Trouble with you not elaborating is that we, including me, have to try and guess what it is you might not be elaborating about.

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    Had to google nangka = jackfruit. Thought it was an Asian rhubarb for a minute!
    Last edited by Balance; 09-08-2016 at 08:56 AM.

Not too far off all time highs. Gee I can't believe I didn't top up when it was below $3 a couple of weeks back.

Investor

Quote Originally Posted by vin View Post
    Not too far off all time highs. Gee I can't believe I didn't top up when it was below $3 a couple of weeks back.
    Hindsight is wonderful thing isn't it vin. Luckily I did top up on the last day before it went ex-div.

I think tomorrow's expected OCR cut is having positive affect on companies that benefit from lower NZD for longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Good stuff mate. I couldn't resist having another bite at $2.92 ex divvy recently thanks to Brexit, low hanging fruit taste very sweet. Speaking of bargains apple related I'm just having my second Jazz apple for the day for afternoon tea. On special at $2.50kg at Countdown this week and very fresh, colourful and tasty they are I might add

]Looking forward to a market update later this month or early August.

Disc: My #1 highest conviction stock holding. 12% portfolio allocation.
    From 6 July only just over one month ago. Brexit delivered some very juicy pickings of low hanging fruit. Be nice if there was some more Jazz apples at Countdown at that price too, getting harder to get a decent apple at a reasonable price.
    Last edited by Beagle; 10-08-2016 at 12:15 PM.

Ignorant. Just ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    From 6 July only just over one month ago. Brexit delivered some very juicy pickings of low hanging fruit. Be nice if there was some more Jazz apples at Countdown at that price too, getting harder to get a decent apple at a reasonable price.
    Plenty of deeply discounted Mr Apple Royal Gala available just down the road. About half to two thirds the price of the Chilean Jazz.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Scales up 30% since the Chinese bought in 3 months ago - that's pretty healthy

More good news at this weeks ASM? Wouldn't be surprised if we hear about better than expected F16 and F17 not looking pretty good as well.

My modelling shows that under some scenarios (and not that aggressive) the share price could be $4.85 this time next year. That's only 40% - not much more than what one would expect as a minimum anyway

And lurking is a real possibility of a rerating by the market (higher PE) and even a full takeover at a decent premium

Nextbigthing - I reckon $4.85 (not that miserly figure you mentioned elsewhere)

But over $5 wouldn't surprise

Things going well at the moment - esp my targets (except AIR but that will come right again)
    Last edited by winner69; 10-08-2016 at 09:20 PM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

The Wolf of Sharetrader

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Nextbigthing - I reckon $4.85 (not that miserly figure you mentioned elsewhere)

But over $5 wouldn't surprise

Things going well at the moment - esp my targets (except AIR but that will come right again)
    Ok, $5 by Christmas. Deal.

Quote Originally Posted by GTM 3442 View Post
    Plenty of deeply discounted Mr Apple Royal Gala available just down the road. About half to two thirds the price of the Chilean Jazz.
    You'd expect that seeing as Royal Gala one of the first fruit varieties of the season. Probably picked in mid Feb nearly 6 months ago and been in cold storage for quite a while. Will be end of line stuff and seconds left over, hardly fresh product now is it ! Not worried in the slightest...SCL been creaming this latest crop and shareholders get to enjoy the juicy rewards.

One thing, the longer our new Chinese friends take to grasp they have a tiger by the tail the better, that's all the more they have to pay. Already at ~ $3.40 they have to pay north of $4.00 to have half a chance of taking over SCL, shortly it'll be north of $5